You may have watched a Facebook live video of your favorite influencers at some point in your life on social media. But have you considered using Facebook Live to sell your products? It’s a great way to connect with potential customers, give them a behind-the-scenes look at your business, and increase sales in the process. Pliusas, you can make it a fun and interactive experience that they’re sure to remember!
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to live shopping on Facebook and explain how to feature products in your live video. Let’s find out how to make the most of this tool!
What Is Live Shopping?
To understand what live stream shopping is, you need to know what live streaming is. Live streaming is when a video is broadcasted in real-time, without being recorded first.
Live streaming is popular because of its interactive nature. Viewers can communicate directly with a presenter and other viewers via a chatroom where they ask questions and share their opinions.
Not only is live streaming used by influencers and gamers, but it is also popular with experts that share their knowledge online. Neseniai, online sellers joined this trend and started live stream shopping – using live videos to share what they sell, how they make it, and the stories behind their brand.
Į 2020, the coronavirus pandemic triggered an exponential rise in ecommerce. Live shopping is among the most prominent trends for people to buy new products.
According to valstybininkas, the percentage of people who made purchases through live streams increased by an average of 76% worldwide from before to during the coronavirus pandemic. Europe had the highest growth in live stream purchases, with shoppers increasing by 86%. The Middle East followed with 76%, while North America recorded a usage spike of about 68%.
Live shopping combines the interactivity of live streaming with the thrill of online shopping. It’s different from live streaming because it’s specifically commerce-driven. Using live shopping, you can feature your product on video while engaging with your audience during your streams.
What Is Facebook Live Shopping?
Facebook Live is a free tool that allows anyone on Facebook to stream live video from a mobile or desktop. It is also one of the top live stream shopping platforms in the US.
Kaip verslo savininkas, you can use Facebook Live to connect with your customers while showcasing your products in a live video. You can show your items in real-world scenarios, bring product details front and center, and directly interact with your potential customers.
Facebook allows you to tag products in your live streams. A product tag contains details and a link to your website. Customers can even buy items right from your live stream! Imagine what it can do for your business if organized properly, taking Facebook shopping to a whole new level.
Benefits of Live Shopping for Online Sellers
There are many reasons why live shopping on Facebook is becoming so popular. Here are the top benefits:
- It stimulates sales as it is easy for customers to purchase the items you showcase–links to the products are featured right in the live videos.
- It shows products in real-world situations. Instead of browsing your site to learn more about your merchandise, your potential customers can watch you demonstrate benefits in real-time.
- It takes customer service on social media to a whole new level. Your followers can easily chat with you during your live stream, which makes answering all of their questions about your products, siuntimas, mokėjimas, and brand easier than ever.
- It helps build relationships with your audience because you’re not only selling your products, but you’re also providing real-time entertainment.
- It can be used for collaborations with influencers. Co-host a live video with an influencer in your niche to share your expertise and present your brand to a new audience.
How to Set Up Live Shopping on Facebook
Now that you know the benefits of using Facebook Live for your business, here is how to start with it.
Before you run your first live shopping video, here’s what you need:
- Set up a Facebook Shop. Sign up with Ecwid and you can create your Facebook Shop by importing and syncing your products. Here’s how to do that.
- Check that you’re the admin of your Facebook page.
- Create a product playlist on Facebook. It is a collection of products you want to feature during your live shopping video. Follow these steps to create a product playlist.
- Ensure that items you want to feature are in your catalog at least three days before your live stream.
Checked all the points above? It’s time for some live shopping!
Here’s how to create a live shopping video with tagged products from your Facebook page:
- On your Facebook page, click “Live”.
- Turn the “Enable Live Shopping” toggle on the Live Shopping tab.
- Under “Select a Playlist”, click “Choose My Playlist” and click “Save.”
- Enter a title for your video under “Post.”
- Click “Go Live.”
- Click “Feature” under the product you want to show your viewers. If you want to feature a different item, click “Stop featuring”, choose the new product, and click “Feature.”
- Click “End Live Video” when you’re done.
When you’re running a live shopping video on Facebook, you’ll see this dashboard. Use it to feature different products in your live stream:
Your viewers will be able to click on an item they like and see product details or buy it right away:
Tips for Live Shopping on Facebook
To make sure both you and your customers enjoy your live shopping events, keep in mind the following advice.
Promote Your Live Shopping Events
Announce and promote your live shopping videos a couple of days before the event to spark interest and build anticipation with potential customers. Encourage viewers to follow your Facebook business page so they know when you go live.
Don’t hesitate to use other channels: announce your live shopping events in your newsletter, in your Instagram posts and stories, and other social media. Arba, invite people to your live streams in related Facebook groups.
Make a Test Run First
Want your first video to be a success? Test your live video beforehand! Change your privacy settings so that only you and the people you choose can see your test live video. Test out your equipment and pay attention to camera angles, volume, and background noise.
Keep Your Environment Organized
Whether you’re presenting live from home, work, or at an event like a conference, keeping your surroundings tidy and organized will help give your viewers a good impression of you and your brand.
Ask Someone to Help You
Having someone with you behind the camera during your live stream can be a game-changer. They can assist you with products, komentarus, and messages.
If you don’t have a large audience on Facebook, ask a friend or family member to pose questions in comments to create more engagement and encourage other viewers to join the discussion.
Actively Communicate with Viewers
Get your audience involved–that’s the point of a live stream! Let viewers know they can make comments during the video or reach you through Facebook Messenger. Respond to viewers’ comments and reactions as they happen.
Avoid Being Too Sales-y
Being too sales-focused and pushy might annoy your audience, so you need to walk a fine line. Common topics for live shopping are recommendations for new products to try, tips on how to choose the right item, discussion of new trends, or Q&A.
Pavyzdžiui, let’s say you sell face masks. Instead of devoting the whole live video to pitching your masks, tell your audience how to choose the best fitting and comfortable one. Žinoma, tag your products as examples. You’ll see your Facebook live sales skyrocket!
Save Your Live Streams
Don’t let your hard work disappear! Instead of deleting your live videos, keep them on your timeline to attract a new audience. People can also watch those videos again for more information about products, or find the items they were interested in but didn’t buy right away.
Get Started with Live Shopping
Now you know everything you need to create your first live shopping video on Facebook! Are you as excited as we are?
Just remember that live shopping is all about building relationships with your customers. Focus on your viewers’ needs first, and the sales will follow. With time, you’ll learn new tricks to increase the engagement of your live streams and turn viewers into customers.
Have you already tried live shopping on Facebook or other platforms? Do you want to learn something else about live shopping? Don’t hesitate to share your experience or ask questions in the comments below!
- Parduodu Facebook: Blow Up Your Sales With Social Selling
- How to Add Products to Facebook Catalog
- How Does Facebook Work for Small Businesses?
- How Does Facebook Decide Which Posts to Show?
- How to Receive Payments on a Facebook Business Page
- How to Grow a Facebook Business Page for Free
- What to Post on Facebook: 20 Post Ideas for Your Business Page
- How To Fashion a Facebook Cover Photo to Drive Sales
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Using Facebook Business Manager
- Instagram and Facebook Tips Told by Small Business Owners
- 7 Strategies to Boost Sales With Facebook Marketing
- How to Sell Products Using Facebook Live Shopping
- Make your Products More Discoverable on Facebook & Instagramas
- What Is Facebook Pay, and Should Your Company Use It?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Parduodu per Facebook Messenger
- Sell Products in Facebook Shops