← back to all Insights
Worldwide Ecommerce Revenue from 2017 to 2025, by Segment
As of 2021, Fashion is the most profitable segment in ecommerce. Preliminary revenue from this segment in ecommerce in 2022 will be $837,261 million. By 2025, this revenue should reach $1,002,215 million.
Sources: statista.com May 2022
What segment in ecommerce generates the most revenue in 2022?
The most profitable segment is fashion. In 2022, his income will be $837,261 million. In second place is the Toys, hobby & DIY segment. His ecommerce revenue in 2022 should be $651,061 million. Source: statista.com
Which ecommerce segment is the least profitable in 2022?
Among 5 segments, including Fashion, Toys, Hobby & DIY, Electronics & media, Food & personal care, Furniture & appliances is the less profitable last one. Furniture & appliances ecommerce segment revenue should be $391,178 million in 2022. Source: statista.com
Global ecommerce revenue
2017—2025, by Fashion segment
Global ecommerce revenue by Furniture & Appliances segment
Learn how you can make money with ecommerce
Here we have compiled a list of helpful articles and guides so you can create an online store and start selling on it.
- Fashion Ecommerce: How to Sell Fashion Products Online
- How To Sell New Clothes Online
- How to Start
a T-ShirtBusiness: Creating an Online T-ShirtStore
- Selling Used Electronics Online: Best Practices
- Complete Guide to Building the Best Website to Sell Electronics
- How to Start a Small Food Business. Is It a Good Time?
- A Complete Guide on Selling Furniture Online
- How to Sell Used (Old, Vintage, Antique) Furniture Online
- How to Start a Handmade Brand and Sell Crafts
- 10 Simple Hobbies That Can Make You Money Online in 2022
- 25 DIY Crafts to Make and Sell in 2022