What is XML sitemap?
A sitemap, or an XML sitemap, is a document that contains a list of important pages of a website. This file helps search robots to index and crawl your site. It allows Google and other search engines to better understand the structure of your website content.
Thanks to an XML sitemap, search engines can find all of your pages when indexing. It allows to specify the following information about each page:
- When it was last updated
- How often the website updates
- How important the webpage is in relation to other web pages on the site
Which websites benefit from XML sitemaps?
- Large websites, or sites with large archives
- Websites that use rich media content
- New websites that have just a few external links to them.
Sitemap is automatically generated for Ecwid Instant Site on all paid Ecwid plans. If you’ve added an Ecwid store to your own website, you can generate a sitemap for your store pages using the free Sitemap Generator app.