What is usability?
Usability refers to the ease of access and use of a product or website.
The usability of a product can be defined by the following components:
- Learnability: How easy is it for users to perform simple tasks the first time they use the product?
- Efficiency: How quickly can users accomplish tasks?
- Memorability: How easily can users go back to performing tasks efficiently after some period of time?
- Errors: How many errors do users make, how easily can they fix them?
- Satisfaction: How pleasant is it to use the product?
A usable website has the following characteristics:
- Users become familiar with it easily. They are competent in using the website during the first contact with it.
- Users achieve their goals through using the website.
- It is easy to recall the interface of the website and how to use it on the next visit.
Search for your term
A/B Testing Abandoned Cart Advertising Affiliate Marketing Amazon Asin number Average Order Value Average Time on Site B2C (Business to Consumer) Basekit Bigcommerce Blog Blogger BOGO Bounce rate Branding Breadcrumb navigation Business License Business Plans Business to Business (B2B)
Call-to-Action Cart abandonment rate Chargeback Churn CMS — Content Management System Contao Content plan Conversion Conversion Funnel Conversion Rate Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Cookies Cost Per Action (CPA) Cost Per Click (CPC) Cross-selling Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) Customer Service Cyber Monday Digital Commerce Direct Mail Direct Marketing Discount Code DIY Dropshipping Drupal eBay Ebook Ecommerce Email Marketing
Engagement Rate Entrepreneur Entrepreneurship Etsy
Event-triggered email Evergreen Content Facebook Favicon Fixed Cost Fulfillment Giveaway Google Google Analytics Green Marketing Handmade Hashtag Human Resources (HR) Inc. Infographics Instagram Inventory Jamstack Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Keyword Keyword stuffing Landing Page Lead LinkedIn Local business Logistics Manufacturing Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Mobile Marketing Modx Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Native Advertising Niche Niche Market Ning Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) Omnichannel Management Open Rate Outdoor Advertising Outsourcing Partnership Pay-per-click (PPC) Pinterest Podcast Point-of-sale (POS) system Private Label
Product Bundles Profit margins Purchase Order QR Code Quality assurance (QA) Recurring payment Reseller Retail Return on Investment (ROI) Sales Tax Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Shift4shop Small Business Snapchat Social Media SSL Stock keeping unit (SKU) Strikingly Supplier Tax Telemarketing Third Party Trademark Traffic Tumblr Universal Product Code (UPC) Upselling Usability User experience (UX) User interface (UI) Vendor Venture Capital Viral Content Visual search Voice search Volusion Voog Walmart Warehousing Webflow Webydo Weebly WhatsApp Wholesale Wish lists Woocommerce WordPress XML Sitemap Zen cart