What is usability?
Usability refers to the ease of access and use of a product or website.
The usability of a product can be defined by the following components:
- Learnability: How easy is it for users to perform simple tasks the first time they use the product?
- Efficiency: How quickly can users accomplish tasks?
- Memorability: How easily can users go back to performing tasks efficiently after some period of time?
- Errors: How many errors do users make, how easily can they fix them?
- Satisfaction: How pleasant is it to use the product?
A usable website has the following characteristics:
- Users become familiar with it easily. They are competent in using the website during the first contact with it.
- Users achieve their goals through using the website.
- It is easy to recall the interface of the website and how to use it on the next visit.
Search for your term
A/B Testing Abandoned Cart Advertising Affiliate Marketing Amazon Average Order Value Average Time on Site B2C (Business to Consumer) Blog Branding Breadcrumb navigation Business License Business Plans Business to Business (B2B)
Call-to-Action Cart abandonment rate Chargeback CMS — Content Management System Conversion Conversion Funnel Conversion Rate Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Cookies Cross-selling Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) Customer Service Cyber Monday Digital Commerce Direct Mail Direct Marketing Discount Code Dropshipping eBay Ebook Ecommerce
Email Marketing Engagement Rate Entrepreneurship
Event-triggered email Evergreen Content Facebook Favicon Fixed Cost Fulfillment Giveaway Google Google Analytics Green Marketing Hashtag Human Resources (HR) Infographics Instagram Inventory Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Keyword Keyword stuffing Landing Page Lead LinkedIn Logistics Manufacturing Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Mobile Marketing Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Native Advertising Niche Niche Market Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) Omnichannel Management Open Rate
Outdoor Advertising Outsourcing Partnership
Pay-per-click (PPC) Point-of-sale (POS) system Private Label Product Bundles Profit margins Purchase Order QR Code Quality assurance (QA) Recurring payment Reseller Retail Return on Investment (ROI) Sales Tax Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Small Business Social Media SSL Stock keeping unit (SKU) Tax Telemarketing Third Party Trademark Traffic Universal Product Code (UPC) Upselling Usability Venture Capital Viral Content Warehousing Wholesale WordPress XML Sitemap