What is reseller?
Instead of producing their own products, resellers find and source items from other suppliers to sell from their stores or on marketplaces.
Pros of being a reseller
- You can quickly set up your online store.
- You have to source products at acceptable prices from suppliers but you don’t need to make or manufacture your own products. Great if you don’t have time for that or are not sure which items you want to make.
- As you don’t spend time manufacturing products, more time and resources can be spent on store management, marketing and promotion, and so on.
Cons of being a reseller
- It’s more difficult to control product quality. You can return items to suppliers if they are unfit for sale, but that can limit available stock.
- Reselling items means that other online stores are likely to have the same products available.
- You need to regularly seek out and negotiate deals with suppliers to get the best possible price.
Search for your term
A/B Testing Abandoned Cart Advertising Affiliate Marketing Amazon Average Order Value Average Time on Site B2C (Business to Consumer) Blog Branding Breadcrumb navigation Business License Business Plans Business to Business (B2B)
Call-to-Action Cart abandonment rate Chargeback CMS — Content Management System Conversion Conversion Funnel Conversion Rate Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Cookies Cross-selling Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) Customer Service Cyber Monday Digital Commerce Direct Mail Direct Marketing Discount Code Dropshipping eBay Ebook Ecommerce
Email Marketing Engagement Rate Entrepreneurship
Event-triggered email Evergreen Content Facebook Favicon Fixed Cost Fulfillment Giveaway Google Google Analytics Green Marketing Hashtag Human Resources (HR) Infographics Instagram Inventory Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Keyword Keyword stuffing Landing Page Lead LinkedIn Logistics Manufacturing Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Mobile Marketing Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Native Advertising Niche Niche Market Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) Omnichannel Management Open Rate
Outdoor Advertising Outsourcing Partnership
Pay-per-click (PPC) Point-of-sale (POS) system Private Label Product Bundles Profit margins Purchase Order QR Code Quality assurance (QA) Recurring payment Reseller Retail Return on Investment (ROI) Sales Tax Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Small Business Social Media SSL Stock keeping unit (SKU) Tax Telemarketing Third Party Trademark Traffic Universal Product Code (UPC) Upselling Usability Venture Capital Viral Content Warehousing Wholesale WordPress XML Sitemap