What is QR code?
A QR code, or a quick response code, is a
QR codes are often used to track information about products in a supply chain, as well as in marketing and advertising campaigns.
QR code types:
- Micro QR code: it is a smaller version of a QR code used when space is limited.
- Model 1 QR codes: it can encode up to 707 alphanumeric characters.
- Model 2 QR codes: it can store up to 4,296 alphanumeric characters.
- IQR code: it is created in squares or rectangles to be used when space of shape is an issue.
- SQRC: it has a restricted reading function to contain private information.
- Frame QR: it can contain larger data in formats such as graphics, illustrations, or photos.
What is the difference between a barcode and a QR code?
Barcodes store data using a combination of various widths of parallel lines. You can see barcodes on the back of product packages.
Barcodes are read by machines that have an optical scanner. It helps companies manage inventories and pricing.