What is JAMstack?
Principles of JAMstack development
- Decoupling Frontend and Backend. JAMstack separates the frontend (user interface) from the backend (server and databases). This means changes in one area won’t disrupt the other.
Pre-BuiltMarkup. Websites are generated ahead of time rather than on-the-fly,resulting in faster loading times and better user experiences.
- APIs Everywhere. APIs (special tools that allow different systems to communicate) handle dynamic functionalities and
server-sidetasks, enhancing flexibility and scalability.
- Global CDN. Content is distributed through Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) to ensure fast and reliable delivery to users around the world.
- Microservices Architecture. Complex applications are broken down into smaller, manageable services that can be developed and scaled independently.
- Version Control. JAMstack relies on version control systems like Git to track changes, collaborate with others, and easily roll back to previous states.
- Automated Build and Deployment. Tools automate the process of creating and deploying websites, reducing errors and saving time.
- Security Benefits. Separation of concerns and reduced
server-sideprocessing minimize security vulnerabilities.
- Scalability. Due to the decoupled nature and reliance on APIs, JAMstack sites can easily scale to accommodate increased traffic.
- Better Performance.
Pre-builtassets and CDN distribution lead to improved site speed and responsiveness.