What is customer service?
Customer Service is helping customers before, during, or after the purchase. Customer Service may include:
- Consulting on the product
- Assistance with choosing the product (size, color)
- Answering questions about the brand and stores (business address and business hours)
- Solving issues with the cart or checkout process
- Confirming orders or providing order status
- Notifying about delivery dates
- Gathering additional information
- Surveying about customer satisfaction
- Helping with returns and refunds
Customer Service is critical for any business, especially for ecommerce, where human contacts are rare and customer service is the only voice of the brand for the customers.
What Is good customer service?
Only your customers know what good customer service is! Don’t be shy to ask your customers about their expectations. In the meantime, don’t forget the basics:
- Good customer service embraces all stages of the customer journey
- Good customer service is continuously improving based on the customers’ feedback
- Good customer service uses convenient technical means for both sides
- Good customer service exists for everyone, regardless of the purchase fact or CLV
- Good customer service has the only goal — helping customers
- Good customer service depends on the people that deliver it
What are the most important customer service skills
Customer service depends on people, so make sure your customer service is equipped with the right people. They should the following characteristics:
- Communication skills
- Know the product perfectly