What is Amazon?
Amazon.com, Inc. is a
In terms of ecommerce Amazon is a marketplace — a place online where online merchants can showcase their products to the online shoppers and sell them. Amazon’s role in this process is to maintain the availability of the marketplace, its security, and convenience.
12 million — the number of products that are sold on Amazon.
Why sell on Amazon?
According to Amazon official 2021 stats:
- Amazon has 300+ million active customers in more than 180 countries
- 150+ million Prime members worldwide
- $3.5+ billion reported sales by
third-partybusinesses during Prime Day 2020
How to start selling on Amazon?
Before you start selling on Amazon you will need:
- Bank account number and bank routing number
- Chargeable credit card
- Tax information
- Phone number
To start selling on Amazon you will need:
- Visit Amazon Seller Central and create an account
- Choose the plan (The Individual plan costs $0.99 per sale, while sellers using the Professional plan pay $39.99 per month, no matter how many items they sell.)
- Complete the registration process
What are Amazon alternatives?
- eBay. Amazon’s biggest competition: the bidding website for discount shopping
Factory-directpricing on a wide selection of items.
- Etsy. Handmade accessories, clothing, jewellery, pieces of furniture, and so on.
- Overstock. Overloaded ecommerce stock meets handcrafting artisans with unique products