What is advertising?
Advertising is the activity or profession of producing and distributing advertisements for commercial products or services to promote them across the targeted audience.
The purpose of advertising is to:
- make potential customers aware of your product (brand) or service;
- convince the audience that your product or service is a perfect match for their needs;
- create a desire for your product or service;
- drive potential customers to your business.
The types of advertising
- Outdoor and transit
- Direct mail, catalogs, and leaflets
- Word of mouth
- Search engine ads
- Social media ads
- Website banners
- Affiliate promotion
- Referral promotion
- Email reach out
How can I advertise for free?
- Use free local or professional listings: Google My Business, Yelp, Apple Maps, LinkedIn Company Directory, etc.
- Create a social media business profile: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Start a blog: WordPress, Instagram, Medium, etc.
Search for your term
A/B Testing Abandoned Cart Advertising Affiliate Marketing Amazon Average Order Value Average Time on Site B2C (Business to Consumer) Blog Branding Breadcrumb navigation Business License Business Plans Business to Business (B2B)
Call-to-Action Cart abandonment rate Chargeback CMS — Content Management System Conversion Conversion Funnel Conversion Rate Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Cookies Cross-selling Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) Customer Service Cyber Monday Digital Commerce Direct Mail Direct Marketing Discount Code Dropshipping eBay Ebook Ecommerce
Email Marketing Engagement Rate Entrepreneurship
Event-triggered email Evergreen Content Facebook Favicon Fixed Cost Fulfillment Giveaway Google Google Analytics Green Marketing Hashtag Human Resources (HR) Infographics Instagram Inventory Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Keyword Keyword stuffing Landing Page Lead LinkedIn Logistics Manufacturing Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Mobile Marketing Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Native Advertising Niche Niche Market Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) Omnichannel Management Open Rate
Outdoor Advertising Outsourcing Partnership
Pay-per-click (PPC) Point-of-sale (POS) system Private Label Product Bundles Profit margins Purchase Order QR Code Quality assurance (QA) Recurring payment Reseller Retail Return on Investment (ROI) Sales Tax Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Small Business Social Media SSL Stock keeping unit (SKU) Tax Telemarketing Third Party Trademark Traffic Universal Product Code (UPC) Upselling Usability Venture Capital Viral Content Warehousing Wholesale WordPress XML Sitemap