Your Story on the Ecwid Blog: How to Get Published and Share Your ExpertiseApr 3, 2017 by Lina Vashurina,
As the Ecwid blog team, we are always trying to create valuable content for our 80,000 monthly readers to benefit from in practice. Our focus is actionable articles on how to launch and grow a small business, personal effectiveness,
We publish guest blog posts from time to time and are happy to see
Please read this post before submitting your content.
Why Guest Blog?
Get published on the Ecwid blog for free if you have actionable advice or practical experience that is useful to our audience. You can benefit a lot from guest blogging: share your expertise, gain exposure to our readers, and get a valuable link back to your own website and application.
We send a weekly newsletter with fresh pieces to our 400,000 subscribers: small business owners, marketers, and developers.
What Should I Write About?
- Run an online store, you can share your experience, tell us about your success, and share some profitable tactics. You can also ask for advice in solving your problem, find partners, and attract potential customers to your store. You’ll be able to publish the link back to your store, which is great for your SEO.
- Promote online stores, you can tell the audience how you do it. Share your best cases, tips, tricks, and stats. If you are good at marketing, don’t hesitate to write for our blog — this way you can find new clients who are eager to get your professional help.
- Develop websites, you can tell us about the CMS and site builders that are good for online stores, explain how to make a website
user-friendly,and show your successful work. You’ll get new clients too and help make the internet a better place.
An important note for Ecwid merchants: If you want to share your story but don’t have the skills or the opportunity to write a guest blog post, you are still very welcome to be featured on the blog. In this case, the Ecwid content team will write the blog post based on your interview. We always link back to your store so that you get a nice promo.
You can see the examples of published case studies and success stories.
High relevance to our audience is critical for a successful publication.
Primarily, we are writing to small
The majority of our readers are entrepreneurs from all around the globe, speaking English and other languages: French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and many others. Every article needs to provide value to that demographic.
- We accept original content only; no reposts will be published.
- Before submitting anything, please make sure your topic hasn’t been covered on the blog yet. You can browse topics in the search box.
- Please stick to informal, friendly language that is digestible for
non-professionalsand non-nativeEnglish speakers. Avoid overcomplicated expressions and explain all the terms. We advise you to read a couple of Ecwid posts before writing yours.
- The article’s length is not important. We accept both long reads and short pieces, as long as they are useful and informative.
- Your article should be logically divided into paragraphs with
well-structuredH2 and H3 headings.
- The content must include practical, concrete, and actionable information with
real-lifeexamples from your practice. Attach screenshots and relevant legal images with their sources. If you need to give an online store example, try to choose an Ecwid store.
- You can link your store/product/service in the text and in your bio.
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your content and refresh it in the future to keep it up to date. We also have the right to link related posts from the Ecwid blog and link your post in our newsletters, content upgrades, and any other blog content.
Asking yourself these questions will help you create the great content we are looking for:
- What problem am I solving?
- What steps should the reader take to solve it?
- Do I need images and data to prove my point?
- Is anything missing?
Here are some great examples:
How to Submit Your Content
If you have a content idea or a finished article, please email us on email@example.com. Include the following info in your email:
- Your name
- Your topic with a short outline or a link to the Google doc with finished content
- A short bio and your headshot for the avatar
We will get back to you within two weeks. If you haven’t received our reply in two weeks, feel free to publish your content on other resources.
Stay up to date!
Get free e-commerce tips, news and inspiring ideas delivered directly to your inbox