E-Goods with Ecwid E-commerce
Lots of people sell downloadable products. Our merchants use Ecwid
These features include:
- An upload file tool inside your store Control Panel. This tool lets you add an electronic product to your inventory, set the price, and specify taxes and promos for it as you like.
- Instant goods delivery. When a customer buys a product from you, the customer’s download link is instantly delivered via email so they can access their purchased file.
- Extra protection for download links. Set a
self-destructtimer for your download links, or set the maximum number of times a link can be used. This way you can rest assured that your products are safe, even if the customer shares a link online.
- Unlimited number of files per product. You can offer several downloadable files under one product to sell them in a bundle. For example, a music album or series of books will consist of many individual files.
- Unlimited file storage and bandwidth. A single file can be up to 25 GB in size, but your shop’s overall storage is not limited. The number of files is unlimited as well, so you can upload as many files to your products as necessary without worrying about running out of space.
- Safe download for customers. Your customers automatically receive a direct download link for the ordered product as soon as the order is paid. Your files are safely hosted by Ecwid
E-commerce,and there is no middleman between your online store and your customers.
Sell Downloadable Files Up to 25GB
We remember times when 100 MB was quite enough for most sellers dealing in
You can sell basically any type of files:
- smaller files like photos, music,
e-books,or PDFs and document files
- bigger files such as lossless audio, video, or digital games
- large product files, like HD video and computer software.
Check out the Ecwid pricing plans breakdown to identify which plan works best for you.
Do you want to upload files bigger than 25 GB? No problem. Contact us and we will help.
No matter how large are your files, you get all the cool features for selling
How to Sell Downloadable Products Online
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to start selling software, PDFs, movies,
- Create an Ecwid account here.
E-goodsare available on all paid plans.
- Add a product to your new store and set the image, title, description and price. Do not forget to check the option labeled This product does not require shipping, so that your customers don’t have to fill out a shipping address. It means they get to complete their purchase more quickly.
- Upload your file (or files) under the Files section on the product management page. As soon as the file is uploaded, your electronic product is ready to be sold!
Also be sure to check out this article in our Help Center for details on selling
What digital downloads do you sell (or plan to) in your store? Do you have any other digital product ideas?