In a recent update, we greatly increased the file upload limit to make Ecwid more useful for those of you selling downloadable products online. With outstanding digital goods functionality — already available to Ecwid users for a long time — this update makes Ecwid an even better
E-Goods with Ecwid
Lots of people sell downloadable products. Our merchants use Ecwid to sell music, video,
These features include:
- An upload file tool inside your store control panel. This tool lets you add an electronic product to your inventory, set the price, and specify taxes and promos for it as you like.
- Instant goods delivery. When a customer buys a product from you, the customer’s download link is instantly delivered via email so they can access their purchased file.
- Extra protection for download links. Set a
self-destructtimer for your download links, or set the maximum number of times a link can be used. This way you can rest assured that your products are safe, even if the customer shares a link online.
- Unlimited number of files per product. You can offer several downloadable files under one product to sell them in a bundle. For example, a music album or series of books will consist of many individual files.
- Unlimited file storage and bandwidth. A single file can be up to 10 GB in size, but your shop’s overall storage is not limited. The number of files is unlimited as well, so you can upload as many files to your products as necessary without worrying about running out of space.
Ecwid’s Maximum File Size Has Increased to 10GB
For a long time, the largest file size we supported was 100 MB, already quite enough for most sellers dealing in
With our latest update, we’re happy to announce that we’re adding support for files beyond 100MB. These new options are:
- 100 MB on the Venture plan. Choose this option if you sell photos, music,
e-books,or PDFs and document files.
- 1 GB on the Business plan. This is a good fit for selling lossless audio, video, or digital games.
- 10 GB on the Unlimited plan. This option will work for pretty much any downloadable good you might want to sell online. It will work well for even very large product files, like HD video and computer software.
An important note: With this expanded support for larger file sizes, you definitely get to keep all the cool features you’ve been using for selling
How to Sell Downloadable Products Online
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to start selling software, PDFs, movies,
- Create an Ecwid account here. Make sure to subscribe to the plan that allows you the file size options you need.
E-goodsare available on all paid plans.
- Add a product to your new store and set the image, title, description and price. Do not forget to check the option labeled This product does not require shipping, so that your customers don’t have to fill out a shipping address. It means they get to complete their purchase more quickly.
- Upload your file (or files) under the Files section on the product management page. As soon as the file is uploaded, your electronic product is ready to be sold!
Also be sure to check out this article in our Help Center for details on selling
If you have a question about selling downloadable goods, we have the answer. Post a comment under this post and we’ll get back to you shortly.