How To Open An Online Shop on FacebookFeb 29, 2016 by Lina Vashurina,
1.71 billion active users.
That’s how many potential customers are waiting for you on Facebook.
Well, not all of them is going to be your potential customer. But even a small part of that crazy number is a huge potential for your business.
Let’s say you can target just 10,000 active Facebook users, this can have a huge impact on your
If you want to know how to sell on Facebook, then keep on reading. In this article, we quickly will go through the process of setting up a Facebook shop to sell on Facebook. You’ll be surprised how easy it is and how little time it takes.
What is a Facebook shop?
Facebook allows you to add an
Once your business’s Facebook page is set up, your
You can set up shopping cart on your Facebook page, with an app like Ecwid.
Benefits of selling on Facebook (with Ecwid)
Here is couple of benefits of having a Facebook shop:
- Checkout inside Facebook. The Ecwid app resides on your Facebook page so your customers can shop and pay without leaving.
- Setting up the Facebook shop is easy and takes just a few minutes. You can have a slick and professional looking store even if you’re not a programmer or designer. And you don’t even need a web host.
- Buying process is safe and secure, and shoppers can optionally choose to save their payment information with Facebook for future purchases. This makes purchasing easier.
- Create a Facebook store is 100% free with Ecwid (the are Free forever plan). Ecwid is the #1
e-commerceapp on Facebook with over 40,000 stores.
- Sell everywhere else too. You can add your store to multiple websites, blogs, and social networks and manage it all from one place. Any changes are mirrored instantly across all sites.
How to Set Up a Facebook Shop
To create your Facebook shop through Ecwid, you just have to add a free Facebook store app to your Ecwid store.
Here are the basic steps to follow:
- If you already have an Ecwid store, click here to login. If not, click here to sign up.
- Then go to Promotions → Facebook app→ Start selling on Facebook.
- Log in to Facebook and click the Install App button at the bottom of the next page:
- The last step is to connect your Ecwid account to the app.
Then click OK button to allow the Ecwid application to access basic information on your profile and manage your pages.
You’re ready! Start telling people to go shopping!
The link to your Facebook shop is added to the page’s tabs link, with the name Products. You can rename Products tab and change the tab image anytime.
Read also: Make Facebook Work for Your Small Business
Other cool features that Ecwid allow you to control over your Facebook shop
- First of all, once you decide to start your own website in the future, you can easily mirror your store to anywhere else on the web and manage it from one unified control panel.
Just like our dear client Karbon Speed uses Ecwid store on the website, Facebook page, and even on mobile with a native mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Second, you also can source your products to trusted partners so they can sell your stuff on their own Facebook page.Find a person or media entity active in the same space as you and reach out to them, asking if they have any interest in championing your products. When you partner strategically, you form mutually beneficial relationships to help carry your business to the next level.
- Third, you can make your Facebook shop look great with a design that’s different from your main store.
- Fourth, your Facebook shop will automatically updates after you made some changes to products on on your Ecwid store.
- Lastly, you can use all Ecwid features.
Read also: What it Really Means to Sell Everywhere
Ecwid drastically changes the
You no longer need to have loads of technical knowledge to enter the business, to sell online in general, or to sell on Facebook in particular. As your store’s Facebook presence grows, it can turn into a serious source of business revenue by attracting any subset of the vast number of people who spend their days hanging out on the social network.
Be sure to check out our
Stay up to date!
Get free e-commerce tips, news and inspiring ideas delivered directly to your inbox