Introducing the Facebook Pixel for Ecwid Stores: How to Run More Effective Facebook Ads EasilyAug 17, 2017 by Qetzal,
Advertising your Ecwid store on Facebook has just got better — you can now install and use the full power of the Facebook pixel without touching any code.
The Facebook what?
The pixel is a piece of code that tracks your store visitors and their behavior — and gives you a lot of data:
- It measures conversions so that you know exactly how your ads are performing
- It records visitors that left without making a purchase so you can follow up with ads later
- It can help you advertise to people similar to your existing customers.
If you want to advertise on Facebook and rest assured your ads are effective, this integration is for you.
How Can I Use the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel can track various actions that happen in your Ecwid store.
It’ll know when your visitors:
- View products and categories
- Search products
- Add items to the shopping cart
- Enter the checkout flow
- Start the checkout
- Complete checkout.
This data allow you to achieve the following:
Retarget your store visitors
Many people don’t buy during their first visit to the store. With the Facebook pixel, you can create Custom Audiences to follow up on those customers with your ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network. This is called retargeting.
Since the pixel tracks different sorts of events in your store, you can group people by their actions. Here are some cases:
- People who visited your specific product pages, for example, those who viewed your new arrivals
- People who appeared in your store but haven’t been there for a while
- People who spend a lot of time browsing in your store but hesitate to make a purchase.
Custom combinations are also available: you can mix the rules for pages, types of devices, and the number of visits.
The remarkable thing is that in all cases, you’ll advertise to people who have already shown an interest in your store. That means they are more likely to buy from you.
After clicking the Create Audience button, it’ll start collecting automatically. You won’t need to restart or renew it. Assign your ads to these audiences right away or refer to them later.
Wait. Is there a way to run retargeting ads without dealing with Ad Manager?
Yes! There’s a way to run retargeting ads without setting up your Ad Manager. Simply install the Scaler app, add funds, and it’ll start working.
Measure your results
What exactly happens as a result of your ad? The Facebook pixel makes it clear. It tracks conversions, so you can calculate the ROI (Return on Investment) of your Facebook advertising campaigns. It prevents you from spending more money on ads than you earn from them.
It’s not only purchases that you can track with the Pixel.
The Ecwid integration with the Facebook pixel saves you from all the code work. Without it, you would copy a line of code for each separate event and install it in your store code.
Now you can easily get your pixel installed, and it will support the majority Standard Events automatically:
- ViewContent: the Pixel will trigger this when visitors view product or category pages.
- Search: this event shows when people use your search box to find products.
- AddToCart: learn when visitors add products to the shopping cart without finishing the purchase.
- InitiateCheckout: this event detects people who click Checkout.
- AddPaymentInfo: learn when people are halfway through their checkout.
- Purchase: know when visitors turn into buyers.
Get more conversions
Every Facebook ad campaign needs to have an objective. That is how Facebook optimizes the bids and ad delivery.
Installing the Facebook pixel in your Ecwid store allows you to set conversions as your objective. That way your bid will be optimized to get your more conversions, and you’ll be able to see the results in your Ad Manager.
It’s possible to select different conversion events (identical to your Standard Events range) to achieve specific goals. If you want to know how many purchases your ad generated, stick to Purchase here.
How to Add the Facebook Pixel to Your Ecwid Store
The Facebook pixel integration is available on Ecwid paid plans. The installation is easy for everyone, regardless of technical skills. You just need to generate your pixel ID and add it to your Control Panel:
- In your Facebook profile, click the
drop-downmenu on the right. Choose Create Ads (if you’ve never logged into Facebook Ads before) or Manage Ads (if you’ve used Facebook Ads before).
2. You’ll then find yourself in the Ad Manager. Click the
3. On the next screen, click the green button Create a Pixеl.
4. Name your pixel and click Next.
5. On the next screen, click Copy and Paste the Code.
6. Copy the pixel code, paste it into a .doc or .txt file, select your pixel ID, and copy it.
7. Go to your Сontrol Panel → Settings → General → Tracking and Analytics and paste your Facebook pixel ID there. Save the changes.
Then check if your pixel is working. Navigate to your store to get the pixel triggered. Then go back to your Ad Manager → Pixels and check your pixel’s status. The green light means it’s active. It might take up to twenty minutes to activate your pixel.
All your pixel activity will be displayed in your Ad Manager. There you’ll see the graph showing how many times the pixel was triggered. Below you’ll see the tabs with the stats for the pixel events.
Stay up to date!
Get free e-commerce tips, news and inspiring ideas delivered directly to your inbox