Launching an online business has some benefits: no need to spend money on renting an office, and more flexibility in creating a convenient work schedule. But the best benefit for aspiring entrepreneurs is that lots of online businesses are incredibly easy and inexpensive to start.
If you find yourself wondering: What is the best business for beginners? What small business can I start?, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re looking to supplement your income, or want to become a
Start a Dropshipping Business
If you’d like to open an online store, but don’t have products to sell the dropshipping business model might be right for you.
In a dropshipping business, the seller accepts customer orders, but does not stock or own inventory. Here’s how it works:
- Customers place orders with your online store.
- Your store sends the order information to your dropshipping supplier.
- Your dropshipping supplier prepares and ships your customers’ orders.
The key to launching a successful dropshipping business is identifying a
The first can be done with special product research tools like Jungle Scout or Unicorn Smasher. And the latter is easy with Ecwid, as we can connect you with various dropshipping apps, with lots of suppliers all over the world. Here are some to check out: Spocket, Syncee, and Wholesale2b.
Learn more: How To Start A Profitable Dropshipping Business
When you run a
Just like with dropshipping, the beauty of owning a
- Choose a design you want to print on products
(t-shirts,cups, totes, baseball hats, print, etc.) and set up an online store.
- Customers order the product with your design from your online store.
- Your store sends the order information to your supplier.
- The supplier prints your design on a product and ships it to the customer.
Consider launching a
- Have a following and want to set up a merchandise store (for example, if you’re a musician, influencer, or artist)
- Have design skills, or are ready to spend time sourcing beautiful designs from other artists.
In Ecwid, you can set up a
Learn more: Podcast: Create a Print on Demand Store
Become an Online Tutor or Sell Online Courses
Online learning has steadily grown in popularity over the last decade, and the number of people studying online has increased significantly due to the pandemic. While kids and teens were getting used to distance learning, more and more adults have been brushing up on skillsets with various online courses.
It’s unlikely people will forget about online learning when the pandemic wanes (it’s convenient, after all!), so there still will be a demand for online tutors and online courses.
If you’re not a teacher, but have
Offer Copywriting Services
The amount of content created online is increasing every year, and someone has to take care of all those blog posts, social media posts, emails, copy for websites, and so on!
Copywriting is one of those skills that is easy to learn, so even if you’re not a copywriter, you can master this skill relatively quickly with the right practice. And with tons of online courses available (see, we told you they were valuable!), honing your skills won’t break the
Don’t forget to set up an
Sell Homemade Food and Drinks
Whether you’re a fan of brewing homemade kombucha, or dream of running a local catering company, this home business idea can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. No matter what you have in mind, start with studying rules and regulations for selling food online.
Options for selling food and drinks are limited only by your interest, innovative spirit, and imagination. You can sell food for special occasions like birthday cakes, sell weekly meal plans, offer
Launch a Curated Online Vintage Store
If you’ve always had a thing for fashion, but weren’t sure about launching your own designed apparel, this option is a great alternative to regular fashion and beauty business ideas.
The popularity of vintage and
This option works particularly well if you’re looking for Instagram business ideas. Fashion is one of the most popular niches on Instagram, so consider selling your products there via shoppable posts.
Create and Sell DIY Products
Looking for small business ideas for teens? Selling handmade goods is one of the easiest ways to start a small business: there are many products you can make yourself from inexpensive materials and without official training.
For example, if you’re interested in craft business ideas, consider making and selling candles, notecards, pet toys, soap, or tote bags. It won’t take much time to learn how to make them, and you can find plenty of lessons online.
Not sure if you’re crafty enough? Some DIY products can be made from other
Learn more: 25 DIY Crafts to Make and Sell
Sell Simple Digital Products
Digital products have a huge advantage over physical goods: you don’t need to manage inventory and shipping, which makes running a business much easier.
We’re not saying you need to create your own software to sell, there are lots of other digital products almost everyone can make! For example: downloadable recipes, checklists, tutorials, printables for distance learning, designs for embroidery, or even local travel guides.
With Ecwid, you can sell digital files up to 25 GB in size. But that’s not the only benefit! You also get:
- An unlimited number of files you can upload per product. Upload as many files to your products as necessary — you won’t run out of space.
- Secure downloads for your customers. All files are safely hosted by Ecwid and are delivered to your customers automatically, via unique download links.
- Protection from digital piracy. You can set a lifetime for the link, so it’ll automatically expire after a specified period.
Resell Products From Local Businesses
Supporting local business has become more than a trend during the last year. Customers are eager to adapt their shopping habits if it can help small businesses in their area. You can satisfy the demand by setting up a store featuring products from local companies.
For example, you can set up a gift shop that offers bouquets, gift baskets, chocolate, and other products made by local artisans.
Start an Organic Food Delivery Service
This option is great if you have a car and there are farms in your area that grow organic food. You can partner with them to sell farm products to local customers (one more way to support local businesses!)
- ask customers for their preferred delivery date and time at checkout
- set both day and time slots for when you’re available to deliver orders
- take into account the time you need to prepare an order for delivery.
Learn more about delivery time picker for local businesses.
Turn Your Business Idea Into Reality
Launching your own small business doesn’t always mean a huge budget or special training — the business ideas listed in this blog post prove that.
Today’s online technologies make it simple to learn new skills and provide a vast variety of
- 10 Simple Hobbies That Can Make You Money Online
- 10 Inexpensive
Beginner-FriendlyBusiness Ideas to Make Money Online
- How to Make Money as a Teenager
- How to Make Extra Money Online
- Understanding Passive Income: Types, Taxes and Examples
- 4 Best Passive Income Investments This Year
- The Complete Guide to Making Passive Income on Amazon
- 5 Passive Income Ideas to Get Wealthy
- A Jumpstart Guide to Making Money from Home
- 10 Hacks On How To Make Money on Amazon Quickly
- What Can You Sell To Make Money (13 Examples)
- How to Make Money in College — 11 Easy Ideas
- Immaterial Labor: How to Make Money in the Digital World
- How to Make Money Fast as a Woman
- How To Make Money As A Teen
- How To Make Money As A Kid
- How To Make Money From Your Phone