How to Create an Online Store Without a Website
Anna makes stuffed animals in her spare time. When friends and colleagues clamor to buy them as gifts for their children, Anna decides to try selling them online.
Anna goes to a friend of hers who is a programmer, and begins to learn a lot of new terms: web hosting, domain, server, SEO, and more. A little online research reveals how long it will take and how expensive it will be to develop an effective online store. Her initial enthusiasm begins to dwindle. After a while, Anna decides that developing an online store is out of her reach, and gives up on the idea.
This scenario is sad, and all too common. It’s familiar to many who dream of creating an online store but have neither the time nor the budget to get it done.
The good news is that you do not need to create a website from scratch to sell on the Internet. Instead, you can make a store on the huge, existing websites that you’re already connected to. Once, the accepted steps for digital business started with the branded website. Then you connected to social and other websites from there.
Times have changed. The website is not necessarily central any more. Instead, businesses must go where the customers are: social media and businesses ahead of them in growth. Today, starting on social or larger websites and adding website later in your business evolution makes sense.
In this article, we’ll show you three ways Ecwid
Sell on Social Networks
According to research from PWC, 45% of people are buying more goods from their favorite brands after looking at them in social networks.. Shop owners are using social networks to talk about products, communicate with existing customers, and attract new customers.
If you do not have a website yet, you can open a store on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. Just this year, Instagram introduced shoppable posts, where shoppers can buy products without ever leaving Instagram. Visitors click on the price tag placed on a product which leads them to a description page. From there they click to buy, using whatever payment gateway merchants have established. Instagram stores
Selling on social media has many benefits:
- Tapping into a large and engaged audience of social media users
- An opportunity to reach more people organically (=for free)
- Building lasting relationships with customers through content.
With Ecwid, getting started with selling on social media fast takes just a few clicks. Log into your Control Panel → Sales Channels and choose where to sell your products (Facebook or Instagram accordingly; however, you’ll be surprised to discover many more ways to sell there!) and connect these sales channels.
If you would like to explore selling on social using a
Use a Free Ecwid
Ecwid users are not limited to selling only on social networks. If you are not yet ready to build your own website, use the Ecwid
This is a
Launching your business on the Ecwid website, you’ll get these benefits:
- Fast implementation: launch your website and be ready to sell in under an hour.
- No developer needed: use our comfortable editor to change and preview your site’s content
- The Ecwid website is free.
Connect and edit your Ecwid
Sell on Amazon
Amazon now accounts for about 50% of all
Selling on this marketplace has some other advantages besides its size:
- If you’re reading this article, most likely you’re just starting out with your business. In that case, an affiliation with Amazon works because customers are more likely to trust a new business on Amazon than some unknown online store.
- When you sell on a marketplace, you only have to worry about selling. The audience is there, the promotional tools are there, and with services like FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon), you can even avoid messing around with your parcels and, instead, let Amazon do the fulfillment for you.
- Besides the inventory itself, the cost to sell on Amazon is comparatively low: remember, you don’t have to build a website.
Though Amazon has its own downsides such as high competition, commission fees, limitations, and lack of control, optimizing your Amazon listing is easier than optimizing your website for search engines. We broke that process down in one of the episodes of the Ecwid
Creating an online shop is much easier than it seems. There’s no need to wait for a lucky day when you get enough money, time, or skills to build an
Implement your ideas fast (before competitors jump on it), and grow your web presence as your business grows. And please, share this article with those who are still saving up to create their own web store.