If you run a small business, PayPal offers an easy and convenient way to process payments online. Not only does PayPal serve as a credit card processor, but the platform also allows you to accept transfers from other PayPal account holders.
One issue many people face is that the account is not always registered as the name under which the business trades. However, this shouldn’t be a cause for concern. PayPal recognizes that an incorrect or outdated name might confuse your customers. As such, the interface lets PayPal account holders alter their business names for free.
Step-by-Step Guide for Changing Your PayPal Business Name
- Log in to your PayPal business account, just as you would normally do.
- Wait for the account balance page to load. Then click Profile which you can find at the right of the toolbar when you select the My Account tab.
- Once the My Profile menu page loads, click My Selling Tools which can be found at the bottom
left-handmenu. Then wait a moment for setting options to appear.
- Here you will be able to find the Credit Card Statement Nam, which is located on the second row under Selling Online. If you are unsure, this should be around the top of the list of settings. Now, click Update on the right side of the field and wait for the Payment Receiving Preferences to load.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Credit Card Statement Name and Extended Credit Card Statement Name boxes.
- You can now highlight and remove the present name in the Credit Card Statement Name field. Chance this name to one which matches your trading name. However, this cannot consist of more than 11 characters, including spaces.
- Then, repeat the same process in the Extended Credit Card Statement Name field underneath. Once again, type your chosen name, but you can use up to 19 characters, including space.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. Now you are free to log out of PayPal if you have no more changes to make to your profile or stay logged in if you wish to check further information about your account.
Why Do You Need a PayPal Business Account?
If you already have a PayPal personal account, you may be wondering why you need a PayPal Business account in the first place. Shouldn’t your personal account be sufficient?
Well, a business account offers all the features of a personal account…and so much more. Business account holders enjoy a comprehensive list of services, whether they are merchants, small business owners, or
A PayPal business account lets you transform your website into an ecommerce store that directs customers to PayPal upon checkout.
You can also use a business account to set up subscription services so that customers can sign up for repeat shipments of goods (such as monthly goodie boxes, premium content, etc.) with a single transaction.
If you employ people who may need to access your PayPal business account, you’re in luck. PayPay lets up to 200 employees
In addition, you can use your PayPal business account to use a range of services that will help with the general
Unlike personal accounts, your business account is registered under your enterprise name rather than your personal title, protecting your privacy and improving brand awareness.
If you want to set up a PayPal business account, you will need the following things:
- PayPal account owner’s name
- PayPal account owner’s address
- Account owner’s email address
- Business name
- Business customer service contact info
- Business address
- Bank name
- Business or personal bank account number
- Bank routing number
- General business information
Why Is PayPal Good for Your Customers?
PayPal is a fantastic payment option for customers all across the globe. The platform lets people pay for items in millions of ecommerce stores across the United States and 203 global markets — all without the need to convert your currency. As such, you’ll always know how much you are spending when you are spending it. In addition, PayPal is completely free and offers a PayPal app that can be accessed on any mobile or tablet device.
As well as making
PayPal’s main benefits to buyers can be split into the following categories:
Security: PayPal does its best to ensure your financial information is completely safe, whether you are sending money, buying items, or simply paying bills.
Speed: PayPal remembers your card details, so you’ll never need to enter your financial information at every checkout screen. If an ecommerce store is using PayPal, paying for products is so much quicker.
Simplicity: As well as offering free sign up to all users, PayPal also lets you make purchases and send money to family, friends, and acquaintances in the United States with your PayPal balance or your linked bank account, for no additional cost.
Who Are We?
At Ecwid, we strive to make selling online as simple and
Our ethos is simple: we take the requirements of all merchants seriously. As such, if something is difficult to grasp, we make it simple. If it’s boring, we make it enjoyable.
Basically, we give you the tools to create your own store from scratch. You can then sync your ecommerce portal across your website, marketplaces, social media, and more. With our help, you can grow your business with
We hope we’ve given you enough information to help you successfully change your name on PayPal.
Do you want to learn more about running a business with PayPal?
- How Does PayPal Business Work?
- How to Use PayPal for Business
- What is a PayPal Business Account?
- How to Set Up a PayPal Business Account
- How Much is a PayPal Business Account?
- How to Close a PayPal Business Account
- How Much Does PayPal Charge for Business Transactions?
- How to Change Paypal Business Name
- What Is Paypal Shopping Cart?
- Bring Your Online Store to the High Street With Ecwid and PayPal Here
- PayPal Shopping Helps You Recover Lost Sales
- Introducing Mobile Responsive Checkout with PayPal Payments Pro Hosted