How Responsive Design Increases Mobile SalesAug 25, 2014 by Jesse Ness,
Often times the design and function of a site looks beautiful and operates smoothly on a computer screen, but turns out to be misaligned, unavailable, and most often, way too small to be read or used on a mobile device. As a result, viewers get frustrated and move on to a competitor’s
That’s why Responsive Design, a
There are plenty of undeniable reasons why Responsive Design makes sense for your business; even Google agrees that mobile optimized sites are important!
- More Traffic: When they visited a
mobile-friendlysite, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future.
- Increased Conversions: 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a
mobile-friendlysite, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service.
- Save Time and Money: With responsive design, you only have to maintain one, adaptable website, rather than a separate version for mobile, saving you tons of time and resources.
- Search Engine Optimization: All links and bookmarks point to one URL.
- Social Media: All users encounter the same URL with responsive design, making sharing easier and ensuring that when they share your site will look great no matter where it is viewed.
- Connect with Customers: 94% look for local information on their phone and 90% take action as a result, such as making a purchase or contacting the business.
- Beat the Competition: Only 20% of businesses have invested in a mobile website.
So how does Ecwid help?
Ecwid offers responsive design and looks beautiful on all mobile devices. Because Ecwid is an embeddable solution and is a part of your website the latter also has to have a responsive design to display on mobile devices correctly.
How do I know if my web site is mobile responsive? The simplest way to check is to load your web site on your phone or tablet and see how it looks. Or visit responsivedesignchecker.com to see how your website is formatted.
If all web pages except Ecwid are responsive, that means your Ecwid account was registered before mobile optimized design was introduced. No need to worry though as the solution is still available. Log into your Ecwid control panel, proceed to System settings → General → Migration page and enable adaptive design with a click.
If all pages do not look great that indicates that the website’s design isn’t mobile optimized. We recommend you update the design theme to a mobile responsive one as there are plenty of
Don’t have the time and resources to adapt your website for mobile? We have some great news coming up from us so stay tuned!
Stay up to date!
Get free e-commerce tips, news and inspiring ideas delivered directly to your inbox