Email is hardly considered a new technology. For decades, email has been a steady stalwart of the internet experience. And for decades, email has gone virtually unchanged.
February 2019 ushered in a new era for email when Google presented it’s new dynamic email powered by AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) technology.
With AMP, static email content is a thing of the past: emails can update automatically, delivering the most relevant information at every open. And user interactions are getting dynamic too. Zoom pictures, fill out a form, scroll through a photo gallery, and more, all without ever leaving your inbox.
And we’re not just talking about better promotional emails either. Soon, buying directly from email will be the new normal. What makes us so confident about it? Read on to find out.
AMP Pages Are Booming
You might have noticed that websites load faster these days. What you’ve probably never asked yourself is why. Enter Accelerated Mobile Pages.
Accelerated Mobile Pages is a website publishing technology that was initially designed by Google to improve the performance of mobile web.
Page speed is a ranking factor for Google’s mobile and desktop indexes, which means it can also affect conversion rates. As Neal Patel states, if an
AMP is already implemented on over 5 billion web pages. Microsoft, Twitter, Adobe, and WordPress have all supported AMP, raising the number of domains using AMP to 31 million early last year. So AMP growth isn’t stopping any time soon.
Dynamic Email Content Helps to Increase Conversions
But AMP for email does more than simply speeding up the page.
With AMP, your audience can interact with an email like never before. Leave a comment, browse a product page, add a review, scroll a photo gallery, enter an email address — the email becomes a webpage of its own, complete with all the functionality you’d expect. Open new tabs? Nah. Redirects to a website? Who needs em? AMP for email saves your audience clicks and time, reducing friction and offering a new seamless
And interactive content isn’t just a playground for your customers. It actually converts. According to one study of 244 marketers from
Brands Are Already Testing AMP Emails
Here at Ecwid, we’re in good company, sharing the AMP email integration with brands like Booking.com, Despegar, Doodle, Freshworks, Nexxt, OYO Rooms, Pinterest, and redBus to test the effectiveness of dynamic email content to keep customers
Software engineer Fangzheng Tian commented on the update on the company’s blog, Pinterest Engineering:
Typically, when a Pinner receives an email from us, they must click a Pin in the email and then are directed to the Pinterest.com or mobile app, potentially log in, and save to a board. The longer the process, the more likely the user won’t take action. With AMP for Gmail, we saw huge opportunities to improve engagement right from email.
Some other popular email clients have also begun supporting AMP emails, including Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, and Mail.Ru.
Ecwid Makes Dynamic AMP Emails Accessible for
Ecwid is the first
Dynamic content in order status emails allows our merchants to display the
Another example of improved experience is an easier verification process. A single click right in a dynamic email is all it takes to verify emails and new accounts — no redirecting to
All the above considered, dynamic emails promise to improve the shopping experience for customers and make it easier for merchants to manage and promote their stores.
Email Isn’t Going Out of Style
Regardless of the rise of social media, the good ol email remains customers’ preferred mode of communication with brands.
It’s not just about email’s large user base either — the engagement on email is also impressive. According to research, 99% of consumers check their personal email every day. Personalized emails generate six times more transaction rates than
Email remains an efficient and
- Email generates $44 for every $1 spent.
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI.
- The average order value of an email is three times higher than that of social media.
- Marketing emails influence purchase decisions for 59% of respondents.
- 61% of U.S. consumers prefer to be contacted by brands through email.
- 65% of U.S. marketers cited dynamic content in email marketing as the most influential strategy.
So, email provides a reliable form of communication between your brand and your clients. And AMP emails take this communication to the next level. This dynamic technology makes brand’s interaction with customers even more effective, making the lives of emails longer and their content more actionable.
Implementing AMP emails doesn’t just mean staying
- What Is Email Marketing and the Benefits
- How To Write A Welcome Email That Sells
- What Is Email Marketing Funnel
- 10 Evergreen Smart Ways to Grow Your Newsletter List
- How to Send Trigger Emails That Keep Customers Coming Back
- How to Increase Your Revenue With Newsletter Segmentation
- Ecommerce Email Marketing Best Practices to 3x Sales
- 5 Email Fails You Need to Avoid
- How to Reflect Your Brand Personality in Your Emails
- How to Improve the Deliverability of Your Ecommerce Newsletter
- Don’t Panic, It’s Dynamic: How AMP Emails Are Changing Ecommerce
- The Best Professional Email Address Ideas
- The Best Email Marketing Service for Ecommerce
- The Best Email Marketing Software for Ecommerce
- The Best and Must Have Email Marketing Templates
- Email Marketing KPIs
- Email Marketing Benchmarks