Instant Site is a beautiful,
Testimonials offer social proof that your website — and your products — can be trusted by shoppers. The more you have, the more trustworthy you’ll appear. Sounds good, right? Read on to find out how to add testimonials to your Instant Site and learn why testimonials matter for your bottom line.
In this post, we’ll cover:
- How to Add Testimonials to Ecwid Instant Site
- Why Adding Testimonials to Your Site Is Important
- Other Locations to Display Social Proof
- How to Get More Customer Reviews
How to Add Testimonials to Ecwid Instant Site
For the Customer Testimonials section, choose short reviews (think the length of a tweet), that clearly articulate the main strengths of your product or service.
So what makes a good testimonial? According to a survey of internet users in 2018, 60% of respondents said that information regarding product performance was the most helpful when reading reviews, while 55% of respondents found purchaser satisfaction to be the most helpful. And don’t forget to ask your customers for a picture to make your testimonial more authentic.
Once you’ve got your testimonial, it’s time to publish it on your site. With Ecwid’s latest update, you can easily add up to four testimonials to your Instant Site. Testimonials are automatically arranged on your storefront under the Featured Products section based on how many you add.
To add testimonials to your Instant Site:
- Go to your Control Panel → Website.
- Click on Edit Instant Site design and content.
- Choose Customer Testimonials.
- Move the Show section slider to make testimonials visible on the site.
- Click Add More and fill in the customer’s name, quote, and caption. Click on Change Photo to upload a customer’s picture.
- Click Save.
When editing the Customer Testimonials section, don’t forget to delete the demo content so that it’s not displayed alongside your real reviews on your storefront.
Why Testimonials Matter
Since customers can’t physically interact with or sample your products like they would in a
- 92% of shoppers hesitate to make a purchase that doesn’t have customer reviews. They may hold off on making a purchase decision until they can do more research… but once they leave your site, there’s no guarantee they’ll come back.
- 53% of internet users stated that product reviews are the second most important attribute of an online shopping experience.
Customer testimonials add more social proof to your business, which makes your store look more reliable. This, in turn, increases sales, particularly for
Other Locations to Display Social Proof
Depending on the ways you sell, you can display customer reviews on your website, product pages, or right in the Google search results.
Your own website
If you don’t use Instant Site and you sell with Ecwid on other websites, you can use different apps or plugins to place testimonials in your store. Here’s how:
- WordPress: use WP Customer Reviews, Strong Testimonials, Google Reviews Widget, or a variety of others.
- Wix: add a testimonials list or strip, or install apps like Customer Reviews or Comments. Find more apps here.
- Joomla: install extensions like JLex Review or JoomTestimonials.
- Squarespace: add product reviews, use widgets like Testimonials Slider, or create a testimonials slider yourself.
You can also install the Trustami app from the Ecwid App Market to collect ratings and reviews from all platforms into a single location to simplify management and presentation.
Let customers add reviews for specific items on your product pages. These reviews will be displayed on their appropriate product pages regardless of what website you’re using. And reviews within a product page can even lead to an increase in conversion rate for that specific product. Use tools like the HelpfulCrowd app to collect and manage your customer reviews.
Google My Business
If your store has a physical location, you’ll definitely need a page on Google My Business. A Business Profile lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps, and can even be used to keep customers
How to Get More Customer Reviews
Ask and you shall receive. Happy customers are often excited to leave reviews, so don’t hesitate to ask! The easiest way to get a review is to send an email to your customers letting them know what you’d like them to do.
To maximize your chances of a favorable review, check out these tips:
- Keep your email short and polite. First, thank the customer for their purchase, then ask for their feedback. Personalize the email, if possible, with little touches like the customer’s name or the specific items they ordered.
- Use short, clear subject lines like How did we do? or We’d love to hear your feedback!
- Specify if you want customers to leave a review of the product they purchased or your company as a whole (or both). And don’t be afraid to ask for feedback on a specific product feature. For example, if you sell bikes, you could ask a customer how comfortable she feels after a long city ride. Narrow your question to make it easier for your customers to formulate a smart answer.
- Timing for a review request is also important. Reputation.com recommends asking for a review either immediately or soon after a customer has completed their purchase. Similarly, Reviews.io suggests anywhere from 7 to 30 days after a purchase has been completed. As for time of day, ReviewTrackers recommends sending your email between
2-3PM and 6-7PM.
- To sweeten the deal, you can also offer your customers a discount on their next order in exchange for a review.
You can use your website and social media pages to let customers know where they can send feedback as well. And don’t forget to peruse customer review sites like Angie’s List and Yelp to find additional feedback on your business.
Once you’ve got some solid reviews from your customers, choose the most informative to add to your Customer Testimonials section on your Instant Site.
Use Testimonials to Get More Orders
It only takes a couple minutes to add testimonials to your Instant Site, but it can have a tremendous impact on your sales. Whether you’re in the middle of the holiday buying season, launching a new online store, or just trying to break new ground in your market, testimonials create trust, encouraging skeptical window shoppers to become happy customers.
Subscribe to the Ecwid blog so you never miss an update, and get