Ready to take your products to more places and boost sales? With Ecwid
By clicking a Buy Button, customers are instantly taken to the checkout with various payment options and shipping methods. Don’t quite like the design? Change the look to match your website aesthetic.
So, where exactly can you place a Buy Button? We’ve got a couple of ideas!
Sell on Your Homepage
If your homepage doesn’t have a storefront, you can add some of your products to this most popular page to sell them out faster. Products on the homepage might be:
- New arrivals
- Discounted products
- Seasonal offers
- Limited editions, etc.
Sell on a Sidebar
Would you like to keep your product visible no matter what page your customers are on? Place a Buy Button on the sidebar and it will always be visible while your customers browse your website.
Sell on Error 404 Page
Sometimes people will mistype your store URL or use an old, broken link (e.g. shared on social media) to access your store. Then they will see the error 404 page.
That page can scare your visitors: they might think your store no longer exists or that they are in a completely wrong place. In order to keep these fellows interested, you can:
- Design an error 404 page with your branded style
- Tell them what’s happened and share a link to somewhere else on your website, e.g. the homepage
- Place a Buy Button with a popular product.
Thus, you won’t lose your potential customer but arouse their interest to take further action.
Sell on Your Blog
Say you have a company blog and share a story of how you created your new collection. Guess what? You can add your products right in the article’s body to catch your customers while they are captivated by your story.
Learn more: Buy Now Button: A Simple Way to Monetize Your Blog
Sell on a Landing Page
If you want to launch or promote a single product, you might want to create a separate landing page to drive your traffic to. This is where a Buy Button works perfectly: you’ll be able to start selling in moments.
Learn more: How to Сreate, Test and Promote Powerful Landing Pages
Sell in a Gallery
You can design your product catalog creatively if you add Buy Buttons to your photo gallery.
Sell on Partner Websites
You can add Buy Buttons to any website, as many times as you want. All you need is to copy the widget code and pass it on to your partner. They can be:
- Another online store that you collaborate with
- A famous blog where the review on your product is published
- A local company’s website that you partner with or sponsor.
How to Set Up Buy Button in Ecwid
To start selling with Ecwid’s Buy Buttons, you’ll need an Ecwid account. If you haven’t got one yet, sign up for free now.
You can choose from four layouts for your Buy Button:
- Compact, 1 column: choose it if you want to display just an image and a title
- Button only: use it if your product is already showcased on the page and you need to add a checkout to it
Full-size,2 columns: choose this layout if you want to focus on the image Full-size,3 columns: use it if you want to display a detailed Buy Button with a product description.
But that’s not all: you can customize each layout to adjust it to your needs. Almost any detail can be changed! Just choose what kind of information about your product is displayed and how it is laid out.
For example, you can choose to display wholesale prices, hide social sharing buttons, or show a number of products in stock.
To create your Buy Button:
- Go to your Control panel → Overview.
- Scroll to Buy buttons and click Get Started.
- Click Pick Product and choose an item you want to sell with a Buy Button.
- Select layout for your Buy Button. On the right, you can see a preview of your Buy Button.
- Click Appearance to customize your Buy Button.
- Select what details you want to display:
- Click Generate Code.
- Click Copy Code.
You just created your Buy Button! Now follow these steps to add it to your site:
- Log in to your website’s backend.
- Open the page where you want to display the buy button in editing mode.
- Paste the copied code into the page and save the changes.
That’s it! All it takes is a couple of clicks, add products or a checkout to any part of your website.
Start Selling with Buy Buttons Today
To sum up, you need Buy Buttons if you want to:
- Promote products on your site, blog, landing pages, or partner websites — on any part of the site
- Demonstrate every advantage of your product and offer to buy it right away
- Add online checkout to pages that showcase your products.
Share your ways of selling with the Ecwid Buy Button in the comments below!