Expected Reduction in Holiday Gift Spending, by Country in 2023
According to research from Shipstation, three in four consumers (74%) plan to reduce their spending on holiday gifts in 2023. Shoppers in Germany and Australia plan to cut their spending on holiday sales by 25% in 2023 compared to the previous year. But in the UK, spending in the 2023 holiday season is expected to fall by just 9%.
Sources: shipstation.com October 2023
What product categories will shoppers save on during the holiday sales in 2023?
48% of shoppers during the 2023 holiday sales would like to cut spending on DIY and gardening items, and 44% on electronics. Source: shipstation.com
Which countries will save the most on holiday shopping in 2023?
47% of UK consumers plan to spend less than last year during the holiday sales in 2023. Source: shipstation.com
Learn how to make money with ecommerce Holiday Sales
Here we have compiled a list of helpful articles and guides to help you get ready for the holiday sales.
- Get Ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday with Ecwid
- The Essential Guide to Holiday Promotions for Eсommerce Stores
- Best Practices For Ecommerce Shipping During The Holiday Season
- Get Ahead of the Competition This Holiday Season
- A Foolproof Advertising Strategy for the Holiday Season
- Holiday Email Marketing 101 for Eсommerce Stores
- Holiday Success Plan: An Early Gift for Merchants
- BFCM: 22 Eсommerce Tips for Your Holiday Marketing Campaigns
- 8 Black Friday
Pitfalls First-TimeSellers Should Be Aware Of