← back to all Insights
Global Ecommerce Retail Sales from 2017 to 2025
In 2021, global ecommerce retail sales reached $4.9 trillion. This share is expected to increase by 11% by the end of 2022 and reach $5.5 trillion.
Sources: statista.com May 2022
What is the volume of retail sales in ecommerce by the beginning of 2022?
As of the end of 2021, global ecommerce retail sales are $4.9 trillion. It is expected that by the end of 2022 their volume will grow to $5.5 trillion. Source: statista.com
How much retail ecommerce sales are expected by 2025?
Global ecommerce retail sales are expected to grow by about 50% by 2025 to reach $7.3 trillion. Source: statista.com
Fastest growing retail ecommerce countries 2022
Ecommerce sales are forecast to grow the most in the Philippines (25.9%) and India (25.5%).
Global ecommerce revenue in 2022, by country
Of all countries, China will receive the largest ecommerce revenue: $1.5 trillion.
Learn how you can make money on Ecommerce
Here we have compiled a list of helpful articles and guides so you can create an online store and start selling on it.
- Ecwid: How to Start Your Ecommerce Business and Sell Online for Free
- Best Free Ecommerce Platforms To Get Your Ecommerce Website Started
- What Is Ecommerce Website and Why Start One
- How to Start an Online Store Without a Budget
- How to Start Selling Merchandise Online From Home Without Inventory
- How to Start
a T-ShirtBusiness: Creating an Online T-ShirtStore
- How to Start a Small Farm Business
- How To Start Selling Food from Home
- How To Sell Used Clothes Online