While having your own store is an amazing accomplishment, it comes with its own set of challenges. Many of these challenges could be solved with some extra hands. Bahkan, having a team of efficient, passionate employees can make all the difference in scaling your success.
There are some simple strategies that can help ensure your hiring process goes off without a hitch and your team works together immaculately. Dalam posting blog ini, we’ll explore exactly how you can recruit staff for your growing ecommerce business while also managing them efficiently once they’re on board.
When it comes to hiring employees, the first question to ask yourself is, “Who do I need to hire?"
You will probably first need an extra pair of hands to manage your online store, like tracking new orders, chatting with customers, and updating inventory. Jika Anda memproduksi produk Anda sendiri, you will also likely want an assistant to deal with the behind-the-scenes logistics. You might also need help with marketing your products.
Depending on what kind of role you’re looking to hire for, you might consider hiring a remote employee. Let’s talk more about it.
Should You Hire Remote Employees?
You might think that having an in-house team is the only option, but hiring remote workers can be a much more flexible and cost-effective solution.
While you may need on-site employees for some tasks (like handling shipping), many jobs can easily be done from any location with the right tools. Think about all the time and energy you’ll save by not having to worry about finding someone nearby for virtual tasks, like marketing or customer service.
Mempekerjakan pekerja jarak jauh menawarkan beberapa manfaat bagi bisnis yang berkembang:
- Lebih rendah sewa kantor,
- Akses ke kolam bakat yang lebih baik dari seluruh dunia,
- Lower salaries if you hire people from places with a lower cost of living,
- Save commute time for employees.
Plus, a growing number of people prefer to bekerja jarak jauh. Bahkan, 87% of employees take the opportunity to work remotely when offered.
Consider hiring remote employees for virtual roles, especially if you’re in a city or region with limited local talent. Ada beberapa tantangan, terutama dengan membangun budaya perusahaan, but the cost benefits and larger talent pool make up for it.
If you’re on the fence about hiring remote workers, we advise listening to our podcast with Kevin Urrutia. Being a serial entrepreneur who appeared in Forbes and Adweek, he knows a thing or two about building and scaling remote teams. Dia membagikan tipnya tentang mempekerjakan dan melatih tim Anda sendiri, as well as organizing a remote workflow from the ground up.
Setelah Anda memutuskan apa jenis pekerja Anda ingin menyewa, you have to figure out where to find them.
What to Look for in New Employees
36% karyawan buruk terjadi karena pertandingan keterampilan miskin. 30% happen because employers are unclear in their communication about performance objectives.
Oleh karena itu, sebelum Anda mulai menulis iklan pekerjaan Anda, be crystal clear about your requirements. You want a balance between hard skills and personality fit.
Jika Anda menjalankan bisnis niche, look for someone who understands the niche as well or even better than you.
Untuk setiap peran yang Anda mempekerjakan untuk, daftar berikut:
- Harus-memiliki keterampilan: Any skills that are essential for getting the job done. Misalnya, if you’re hiring a programmer, you might want to list all the languages/technologies that you require that person to know.
- Nice-to-memiliki keterampilan: Other skills that complement the must-have skills above. Misalnya, for a backend programmer, having front-end development skills is nice, but not necessary.
- kualitas yang diinginkan: List all the qualities you want in your new hire. Prioritize qualities that are essential for the job as well as qualities that would make for a good fit in your business culture.
- budaya fit: List essential traits, educational and employment background, hobi, and anything else that would guarantee the employee fits into your company culture. Cultural fit is often ignored but is penting untuk sukses, both yours and the new employees’.
You can create a spreadsheet where you list the role, qualities, skills you want in order of their priority. You can then use it as a guide to evaluate each application.
Juga, it’s helpful to use a candidate evaluation form to rank the candidate’s overall qualifications for the position. Using this form, you can keep track of applicants and compare candidates.
Speaking of cultural fit, an interview is the ideal setting for both you and a candidate to get acquainted and assess compatibility. Aim to learn about a candidate’s values, objectives, and approaches while helping them understand your company’s vision, misi, and plans for the future.
Be Aware of Candidate’s Red Flags
When considering a potential hire, be mindful of any red flags that may come up during an interview. Trust your gut if something doesn’t feel right. Here are some points to watch out for:
- The lack of questions: Silence could indicate either disinterest, arrogance, or fear of revealing vulnerabilities.
- Refusal to discuss weaknesses: This may reflect low humility or awareness levels.
- Unpunctuality: While there may be valid reasons for being late, it may also point to that person being disorganized.
- Being unprepared: A good candidate should understand the job requirements and have a basic knowledge of the company before the interview.
- Not being flexible: If the interviewee objects when presented with potential responsibilities, they might not be willing to perform to your standards.
Where to Find New Employees
Ketika datang ke pengayauan, do your best to utilize all available channels, from conventional job websites to Facebook groups, newsletters, and events where you advertise your business.
You’ll want to find someone who will be able to understand the specifics of your product, so your mission is to find a passionate enthusiast with experience in your niche. Look in online and offline communities where people discuss certain products similar to your own (misalnya, penggemar memancing, knitting lovers, and home decorators).
Traditional job boards such as Indeed and CareerBuilder are popular options for small businesses. You can post a job ad and/or search for available resumes on these platforms.
Another option is a job board like ZipRecruiter will allow you to post a new position and share it on more than 100 other job sites.
We’ve already talked about the importance of hiring a cultural fit, so we advise checking out CareerBliss too. This site focuses on company culture to help job seekers find employment.
Sementara papan pekerjaan ini menawarkan jangkauan besar, they also make it hard for your listing to stand out. Plus, the sheer size of these platforms means that you could get some junk applicants.
Niche Job Boards
papan niche pekerjaan sama dengan papan pekerjaan tradisional, kecuali bahwa mereka fokus pada niche tertentu atau demografis. CollegeRecruiter, misalnya, ditargetkan terhadap lulusan perguruan tinggi baru, sementara FlexJobs adalah untuk orang yang mencari pekerjaan telecommuting.
Beberapa papan niche pekerjaan lain yang GoodFoodJobs (industri makanan), HealthcareJobsite (industri kesehatan), SalesJobs.com (profesional penjualan), Wellfound (startups dan perusahaan teknologi), and countless others.
Jika Anda berfokus pada pekerja jarak jauh, sites such as FlexJobs, We Work Remotely, Skip The Drive, and Remote OK are good places to check out. You can also post your ad on remote-work-focused newsletters such as Remotive.
LinkedIn and Facebook
LinkedIn adalah alternatif yang populer untuk papan pekerjaan tradisional. Dengan 900 juta pengguna, itu adalah jaringan profesional terbesar di dunia. It provides employers access to a pool of professionals with relevant skills and experience, making finding the right candidates for the job easier.
You can post an ad on LinkedIn or search for the right candidates. You can also review resumes and profiles, network with other companies, and explore potential employees in your local area.
If you’re searching for recruits who are not necessarily actively looking for a job, consider connecting with them via Facebook. Posting your job ads is free, but you can boost the exposure by using paid options. Selain itu, it’s an excellent opportunity to get to know potential candidates better.
Most small businesses find new hires through job ads or resume searches on these job boards. Di luar ini, Anda juga dapat memposting iklan pekerjaan Anda di media konvensional seperti HackerNews’ bulanan ‘Siapa yang Mempekerjakan’ benang (great for hiring programmers and designers), Reddit ini / r / masyarakat ForHire, dan bahkan Craigslist (untuk karyawan lokal).
Di luar pekerjaan papan, komunitas, and newsletters, mempertimbangkan untuk menyewa perekrut, menghadiri job fair, menghubungi pusat kerja universitas lokal Anda, atau posting iklan di koran lokal. There is an abundance of ways to find people who fit the positions you need and your work culture.
How to Write a Compelling Job Ad
Jika Anda menjalankan bisnis kecil, you may be competing against larger, wealthier companies for talent. A skilled employee will ask, “Why should I work for you?"
A strong ad is a powerful persuasion tool to interest people in your job. Iklan ini pengenalan pertama pemohon untuk perusahaan Anda. Jika Anda dapat membuat kesan, Anda pasti akan meningkatkan kualitas dan kuantitas aplikasi yang Anda dapatkan.
iklan lowongan Anda harus menjawab tiga pertanyaan:
- What does the job entail?
- Bagaimana menerapkan?
- Mengapa calon harus melamar pekerjaan ini?
Writing a compelling job ad starts with understanding the needs of your business and the type of person you want to attract.
- Specify qualifications, responsibilities, and expectations to guide potential applicants.
- Ensure your ad is clear and concise with an appealing headline and easy-to-read formatting.
- Highlight how the job can offer professional growth or unique benefits that stand out from other companies to draw in qualified candidates.
- Be sure to include a direct call-to-action for people to apply.
untuk inspirasi, look up successful job listings on platforms such as Indeed.
Atau, you can think of other ways to communicate your job specifics. Misalnya, Target features a video of one of their employees in their job listings:
If you know what you want out of a new hire, writing a compelling listing should be easy enough. You can also ensure your job post stands out by using engaging language and employing keywords targeting the right people.
You should also make clear why someone should work for your company. Untuk usaha kecil, ini bisa menjadi sangat sulit. Sebagian besar waktu, Anda tidak dapat menawarkan kompensasi sama dengan pesaing Anda lebih besar, nor do you have the brand name recognition of a Fortune 1000 perusahaan.
What do you have going in your favor? Your small size, fleksibilitas, kebebasan, dan budaya.
Cobalah untuk menekankan budaya kerja Anda dan apa yang membuat istimewa bisnis Anda. Membuat presentasi yang menggarisbawahi nilai-nilai Anda (i.e., “dek budaya”, here is the one by Netflix atau Patagonia).
Embrace your size and the advantages it brings. You’ll attract employees who value freedom and individuality more than pay packages when you are honest and positive.
No matter how large your company is, if your job advertisement is compelling, you’ll see applications roll in. After you have a good pool of candidates, you can hold interviews and evaluate each applicant based on the requirements you outlined earlier.
Ingat: it’s illegal to discriminate based on age, ras, kepercayaan, warna, agama, asal negara, jenis kelamin, dan kategori lain yang dilindungi oleh undang-undang di negara Anda. Avoid asking questions about those areas. If you want to make sure you don’t discriminate, double check the laws specified by your country.
Setelah Anda menemukan yang cocok, make an offer!
Lalu, you’ll need to learn how to manage new employees.
Bagaimana Mengelola Karyawan Baru
Hiring a new employee is only a piece of the puzzle. You also have to onboard, mengelola, and lead them to deliver their best possible work.
Onboard New Hires
Staff onboarding is the process through which new employees learn about the company and their new job. This includes their duties, who they will be working with, and what computer programs they need to excel at their work.
organisasi besar biasanya memiliki program sosialisasi dan pelatihan formal untuk karyawan baru. Usaha kecil, namun, orang sering onboard pada dasar kasus per kasus.
Untuk sosialisasi kepada karyawan baru untuk toko online Anda, here are some starter points:
- Assess the employee’s past experience and knowledge of your business processes and technologies.
- Ask the employee about their shortcomings (dalam hal pengetahuan dan keterampilan) in regards to their position at your business.
- Introduce the employee to key people within and outside your organization (seperti pemasok) who are related to their work.
Instead of developing a fully-fleshed onboarding program, mencoba untuk belajar dari setiap karyawan. Mengidentifikasi kelemahan dan kesenjangan dalam pengetahuan. You can then add answers to the onboarding program for the new employee and future hires.
Make notes in Google Docs or Notion to create instructions or an employee handbook. With some written guidelines, you won’t have to explain the rules over and over again. Your new employees will need some time to learn the ins and outs, as well as have a reference when they forget specific details. You might also work with many non-permanent freelancers that you can give the handbook for guidance.
Yang employee handbook conveys the organization’s standard operating procedures, pedoman, and policies, as well as its mission, penglihatan, dan nilai-nilai. It helps create an employment brand that reflects the culture and principles of the organization.
Once you trust in their character and ability, you can give the employee access to key tools and accounts. Sebuah bagian dari pekerjaan Anda yang terjadi secara online, sehingga tim Anda perlu tahu tentang tips keamanan yang diperlukan untuk tetap aman dari penipuan, hacker attacks, and losing data.
Jika anda menggunakan Ecwid, you can easily grant new employees custom permissions to your store depending on their role. Misalnya, you can grant your marketing specialist specific access to the Marketing and Reports tabs in the Ecwid admin. Atau, let your store manager handle Sales and Catalog. You’ll be able to restrict access to Ecwid tools that they do not require.
Dengan cara ini, karyawan Anda dapat melakukan tugasnya dengan lebih efisien, sementara Anda akan merasa tenang mengetahui bahwa data sensitif apa pun dibatasi hanya untuk personel yang berwenang.
manajer toko, operator pemenuhan, desainer, manajer pemasaran, and other related employees can use their customized staff accounts to manage sales, detail produk update, Kode pelacakan perubahan, and prepare orders. Learn more about managing staff accounts in our Bantuan Pusat.
Delegating work through Ecwid can free up a lot of time and help you focus on more strategic areas of your business.
orientasi sukses akan memberikan karyawan baru alat-alat dan pengetahuan yang mereka butuhkan untuk menjadi sukses di pekerjaan mereka. Melampaui fase orientasi, namun, ada beberapa hal yang harus Anda lakukan untuk menjaga karyawan bahagia dan produktif.
Set Communication Protocols Early
Communication routinely ranks near the top of the “desirable traits” list for new employees.
Tidak peduli apa peran Anda menyewa untuk, you need to set communication standards early, terutama dengan karyawan jarak jauh. Make it clear how often and through what channels you expect your new hires to communicate with you. Berlatih sendiri sama karena standar komunikasi biasanya ditetapkan oleh pimpinan.
Use the right tools for communication—email, zoom, Kendur, or integrated project management tools. For best practices, refer to the article on the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) tentang managing organizational communication.
Establish Processes to Resolve Issues
Tidak peduli apa jenis toko Anda menjalankan, you will inevitably have issues to solve, such as customer complaints, business process improvements, or problems with products and suppliers. Anda perlu menetapkan proses yang jelas untuk mengidentifikasi dan menangani masalah ini.
You could try a tiered system, where you segregate issues into three categories based on importance. Untuk masing-masing kategori ini, jelas mengidentifikasi apa yang saluran komunikasi digunakan untuk resolusi masalah:
- Mission-critical issues: Like when your site goes down, or you receive a major complaint from a high-value customer. You can Use phone/video calls and instant messengers to communicate such urgent issues.
- Important but not urgent issues: Misalnya, if a regular customer complains or has a marketing question. These usually can be dealt with within 24-48 jam. Gunakan email, instant messengers, or chat tools to communicate.
- General issues: Those that don’t need immediate resolution, seperti mengubah tema situs atau salinan produk. Mereka biasanya tidak memiliki batas waktu keras. Communicate these issues over email or using organizational tools, like Trello or Asana.
Memeriksa bagaimana Slack built a self-serve tool within Slack to make reporting an issue straightforward.
Jangan khawatir, this is just an example! You don’t need to create the same process for your company. Just make sure you have a process for reporting and solving issues that is both convenient for employees and helps resolve customer complaints quickly.
Focus on Team Building
The ability to work well with a team ranks up there alongside “communication” as a must-have skill for employees. In a highly collaborative business such as ecommerce, kerja sama tim menjadi semakin penting untuk keberhasilan.
Some ways you can build your team are to:
- Lead by example. Create an environment where you encourage contributions from all team members, terlepas dari senioritas atau peran mereka.
- Use collaborative tools such as Asana, Tempat penampungan, and others to give employees a clear overview of each project.
- Set up team-focused games and activities to build team spirit and develop a sense of camaraderie. They don’t have to be about training motivation or leadership—just have fun together and make it memorable.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with all members of your organization. Mengatur satu-satu pertemuan with each team member on a consistent basis.
Emphasize Your Culture
budaya Anda adalah “lem” yang mengikat organisasi Anda bersama-sama. Meskipun sulit untuk mengukur, culture—the values and ideas that guide your business—is vital to growth.
Misalnya, at Ecwid by Lightspeed, we practice “Tidak ada budaya menyalahkan.” We understand that no one comes to work with the intention of doing a poor-quality job. Jadi jika ada masalah, it’s not about finger-pointing but revealing and fixing the organizational deficiency.
“No blame culture” helps to nurture healthy work relationships between team members and promotes proactive behavior. Jika Anda sudah punya tim sendiri, kamu harus mencobanya!
Perusahaan dengan budaya yang kuat adalah bahagia. Happier companies are more successful. Penelitian menunjukkan that companies with strong top-down cultural leadership, i.e., perusahaan pendiri yang dipimpin, cenderung mengungguli orang lain.
You can’t artificially create a culture–you have to let it emerge organically from your people and your environment. Your goal as a business leader is to guide employees and align the culture with your vision.
Evaluasi semua keputusan Anda dalam konteks budaya. Yang menyewa, apa jenis kampanye pemasaran untuk menjalankan, what products to put on the shelf—all of these should come organically from your company’s culture.
Focus on building a great culture and you’ll have a workplace filled with happy, orang termotivasi.
When it comes to hiring and managing staff for an online store, you should take the time to craft a compelling job ad, establish clear expectations, and create effective onboarding processes.
Having a strong business culture helps create a cohesive work environment where everyone is on the same page and works together towards common goals. It also helps to motivate employees, increase productivity, and attract top talent. A strong company culture can also foster loyalty among employees, which leads to better customer experiences and higher profitability for the business.
With these steps as part of your process, you’ll be well on your way to achieving lasting growth for your business.
- Small Business Upgrades: Ecwid’s Best Tools for Growing Your Store
- 8 Pertanyaan untuk Ditanyakan Setiap Freelancer Sebelum Anda Menyewa Mereka
- Cara Menyewa dan Mengelola staf untuk Anda Tumbuh Toko Online
- Bagaimana Mengembangkan Bisnis Ecommerce Anda dengan Influencer Marketing
- Bagaimana Pedagang Online Dapat Menggunakan HARO Untuk Menumbuhkan Kesadaran Merek
- How to Make Your Online Store More Sustainable
- Using AI Tools to Streamline Business Processes
- How to Use AI Tools Effectively as a Business Owner