The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM

Is it possible to have USD as well as GBP

I have a market in the USA that I would like to tap in to. I have loaded some of the products that I believe would sell well but they are listed in UK currency GBP. I have added to the description "This item is priced in British Pounds (GBP), to find out how much this costs in other currencies a useful tool is the XE Currency Conversion Site" and there is a clickable link through to XE.
I put out a little call to a group who I am able to ask for feedback from a in USA and ther response was "Americans won't bother to go and check...they just want to know how much it is in USD"
Is there a way for me to be able to show in the ship a USD price as well as a GBP price. My Paypal is set to take both currencies
TIA
Cait
Old 12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Currently, each Ecwid shop can display prices in one currency. Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to use 2 different currencies in 1 Ecwid shop or to change currency according to customer's location. The multi-currency feature is very popular among our customers. You can vote for this idea here and we will notify you when it will be implemented.

If you don't want to wait, I can suggest to create special script using our API as a workaround. This script will parse each page in Ecwid and look for products' prices. Those prices then will be converted to other currency using the rates from one of online currency exchange services. The alternative price value can be placed, for example, near to main product price, but it can also replace the already displayed price.

Depending on where alternative prices should be shown, the project can get pretty complicated. If you need a professional custom programming service to implement such listing, I can suggest to contact our colleagues from Qualiteam. Please, send a letter at sales@qtmsoft.com with the description of this project for a quote.

Alternatively, you can create two separate Ecwid shops each using a separate currency (one for USD and one for GBP). The drawback of this variant is that you will have two separate admin panels with separate inventory, settings and sales. However, it's the easiest and quickest variant to add ability of using different currencies in your site.

Both variants will allow you to display the prices for your customers in two currencies.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Olga Esman (09-04-2012), sheree (09-09-2012)
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Thank you Maya for taking time to help me, the answer is much as I expected but very useful to know about the API. I will try and get my flu ridden brain round this later today.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Default Can we get more guidance?

Maya, and others,

Please provide some more guidance on how this can be implemented, specific API functions, etc.

Thanks!
Ken
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 AM

Default Customer currency

Is there any way that the costumer can change the currency to their own, ie a button from Euro to dollors?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Davis View Post
Is there any way that the costumer can change the currency to their own, ie a button from Euro to dollors?
Please refer to this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1376#post41376
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Default How to use API for two currencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Currently, each Ecwid shop can display prices in one currency. Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to use 2 different currencies in 1 Ecwid shop or to change currency according to customer's location. The multi-currency feature is very popular among our customers. You can vote for this idea here and we will notify you when it will be implemented.

If you don't want to wait, I can suggest to create special script using our API as a workaround. This script will parse each page in Ecwid and look for products' prices. Those prices then will be converted to other currency using the rates from one of online currency exchange services. The alternative price value can be placed, for example, near to main product price, but it can also replace the already displayed price.

Depending on where alternative prices should be shown, the project can get pretty complicated. If you need a professional custom programming service to implement such listing, I can suggest to contact our colleagues from Qualiteam. Please, send a letter at sales@qtmsoft.com with the description of this project for a quote.

Alternatively, you can create two separate Ecwid shops each using a separate currency (one for USD and one for GBP). The drawback of this variant is that you will have two separate admin panels with separate inventory, settings and sales. However, it's the easiest and quickest variant to add ability of using different currencies in your site.

Both variants will allow you to display the prices for your customers in two currencies.
Hi Maya & Team, please explain how to use the API to show two currencies on the store front. I could not find any suitable method in the link you have given.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cirrency