The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Remove the parenthesis around qty

I know that words can be replaced in the javascript, but I can not figure out how to get the first parenthesis on the left side of qty available. We are trying to use the fixed qty available as a pressure point for purchase.

http://www.supportlocalnc.com/Triad....roduct=7342822

Please help, Thanks
Old 11-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Unfortunately, currently it is not possible to remove the left parenthesis using Ecwid translation tool, as this symbol is hardcoded in Ecwid code.

As a workaround you could hide left parenthesis by adding following CSS code to the end of your custom CSS theme:

Code:
  div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyAvailInfo {
   text-indent: -0.5em; /* you can change this value if needed*/
   overflow: hidden;
  }
This rule hides the left parenthesis by indenting it outside the element box with the text-indent property and then hiding everything outside the box. '0.5em' is the left parenthesis width, thus, when you shift text to the left on this value, "(" symbol goes outside the box and doesn't show.
"(" symbol width could be a bit different for your OS and need some adjustment, so if you notice that (47 Deals) text appears not exactly as you need (for ex. small part of "(" symbol visible or the digit next to it is partially clipped) you can adjust the value of text-indent for a more precise clipping.

In order to hide right parenthesis you should remove ")" symbol from 'ProductDetails.available' label using Ecwid translation tool.

Once you add CSS code in your theme and apply changes to the custom translation, the parenthesis symbols will not appear around the quantity on the product details pages in your shop.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Hey sorry for the trouble. I haven't been able to get this to work. The text-indent doesn't seem to move the text at all. Is it because I already use a position: relative; ? is there any reason that wouldn't work. I tried it in all sorts of ways. I get the idea of how you hide the parenthesis from the user. It just won't move outside of the element box. Do i need to declare the box block type? Please help, Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 AM

I think you're right
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyAvailInfo {display: block;}
BTW Your 6 months text is overlaying the gallery for me in Chrome and can't use the thumbnails.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
qty, quantity, replacing ecwid text