The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 AM

How to import product options?

I exported the test products to get an idea of the field names and did not see the options for sizes and colors. How can I import sizes and color options?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwente View Post
I exported the test products to get an idea of the field names and did not see the options for sizes and colors. How can I import sizes and color options?
1. Unfortunately Ecwid doesn't allow to import product options using usual format. This feature will appear in the future.

2. As a workaround you can import products using CSV file in X-Cart format. This format supports options.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Default Option import fields question

I would also like to do a product import complete with product options. I found the X-Cart import / export guide and these are the fields it says it supports for options:

Quote:
[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]
!PRODUCTID - ProductId of the product for which the product option value is being imported or exported
!PRODUCTCODE - SKU number of the product
!PRODUCT - Name of the product
!CLASSID - ClassId (ID of the product option group)
!CLASS - Option group name (original)
!TYPE - Option group type (Y - price modifier, T - custom text field, empty - product variant)
!DESCR - Option text (appears on the Product details page in the Customer zone providing instructions for customers as to how to select an option)
!ORDERBY - Position of the option group relative to the other option groups of the same product (if any)
!AVAIL - Availability status of the option group Y or N
!OPTIONID - OptionId (ID of the option value)
!OPTION - Name of the option value (original)
!PRICE_MODIFIER - Amount by which choosing the option value modifies the product price
!MODIFIER_TYPE - Type of the modifier ($ or empty - absolute, % - percent)
!OPTION_ORDERBY - Position of the option value relative to the other option values within the product option group
!OPTION_AVAIL - Availability status of the option value Y or N
Does ECWID recognize all those option field descriptions?

How does ECWID know to render an option set as radio buttons, checkboxes, or dropdown select?

What would be fantastic is if we could download a sample CSV import file in X-Cart format that is compatible with ECWID. If the sample import file showcased the various option formats, that'd go a long way toward making this easier for us.

Can someone at ECWID or perhaps a user provide such a file for download?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Keats View Post
I would also like to do a product import complete with product options. I found the X-Cart import / export guide and these are the fields it says it supports for options:

Does ECWID recognize all those option field descriptions?

How does ECWID know to render an option set as radio buttons, checkboxes, or dropdown select?

What would be fantastic is if we could download a sample CSV import file in X-Cart format that is compatible with ECWID. If the sample import file showcased the various option formats, that'd go a long way toward making this easier for us.

Can someone at ECWID or perhaps a user provide such a file for download?

1. Yes, Ecwid recognizes these fields.

2. X-Cart currently supports only the following option sets: drop-down boxes, and input boxes. So Ecwid can import only these options from X-Cart file.

3. It's easy to get a sample CSV file.
- go to the X-Cart demo: http://www.x-cart.com/shopping_cart_demo.html
- create a sample product with necessary options
- export it

If you have any issues with it, let me know and I will send you a file.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the info. Will try as you suggested

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.