The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 AM

Inline SEO Catalogue - No successful search results in google?

Hi there,

Just another question about SEO. Ive searched the knowledgebase and the forums but can't find a solution.

My shop is at http://www.yoyoshop.com.au/?page_id=70
running on wordpress using the ecwid plugin. Paying customer, Ive enabled Inline SEO and to my knowledge, its working (Disabling JS makes the catalogue appear as text). Have also disabled Canonical URLs in All in One SEO Pack .

However the problem is that no products are appear from my website on google searches. All of our competitors show up when searching even for one of our products and our business name.

We thought it was a timing thing, maybe it would take a while for google to index our site? At this point, none of our products appear in searches and it doesn't take a genius to realise we're missing out on a huge portion of the market.

Any help would be appreciated in the matter. We love ecwid but at this point we're going to have to change carts
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 AM

I have inspected your store setup and Google's search results. You have the Inline SEO catalog enabled properly, and Google has indexed your store including many products in it: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...imvns&filter=0 . So, the question is not so much about the indexing of your products, but about their position in the search results - a main objective of SEO.

The results of a search in Google are sorted by a product of many different factors. One of the most powerful factors influencing the position of a page in search results is the amount of inbound links to that exact page number (identified by its URL). The reason why they don't appear in search results is most probably the absence of external links to each single product except for the links in Inline SEO. Basically the more inbound links the particular page has the higher it will appear in the search results.

Inbound links is a powerful, but not the only one factor of ranking. The other important thing is relevance - the measure of information the particular page contains about the term being searched for. While inspecting your store, we found that the product pages in the Inline SEO catalog do not have unique titles (compare http://www.yoyoshop.com.au/?page_id=...roduct=6104947 and http://www.yoyoshop.com.au/?page_id=...roduct=4389389 - title is the same for all of your products). Having a unique title per each product helps to raise the relevance of that page, when searching for that particular product's name. So, you need to have unique titles.

So, here is what you need to do:
1. Upgrade your Ecwid plugin for Wordpress to the latest version to have the unique titles: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...shopping-cart/
2. Create a full sitemap of your site with one of the external tools (not the plugins for Wordpress) listed here: http://code.google.com/p/sitemap-gen...emapGenerators (the generated sitemap must include the URLs of particular products in your Inline SEO catalog, please make sure it does) and then submit that sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools: http://google.com/webmasters/tools
3. Try to create more inbound links to the particular product pages inside your shop: for example, make a Featured Items or Bestsellers listing somewhere on your site or establish a feed of new arrivals - all with direct links to the particular product pages in your Inline SEO catalog (those with ecwid_product_id=NNNN inside them).
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
hoosker (01-12-2014)
Old 09-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply.
I'll let you know how I go and if I have any further problems.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Just on 1. My plugin was already v0.9, but I reinstalled anyway. Is there any switch or activation, anything I need to do to turn on unique titles? Im asking as they were not working when 0.9 was already installed. It also seems that unique titles are still not being created.

2. Sitemap created correctly, submitted and working
3. Creating more inbound links

Last edited by YoYo Shop; 09-19-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo Shop View Post
Just on 1. My plugin was already v0.9, but I reinstalled anyway. Is there any switch or activation, anything I need to do to turn on unique titles? Im asking as they were not working when 0.9 was already installed. It also seems that unique titles are still not being created.

2. Sitemap created correctly, submitted and working
3. Creating more inbound links
There may be another plugin in your Wordpress that changes the title of your pages. For example All in One SEO plugin, that works on your site, is able to rewrite the titles created by Ecwid. If possible, it is recommended to disable that feature in that plugin, if you need the unique per-product titles made by Ecwid plugin.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM

I disabled the feature in All in One.
I then disabled javascript and each product now has a unique title = unique titles working. Awesome!

I've now completed everything you've suggested. Just need to increase the amount of inbound links throughout the site. I hope this improves the search results, ill let you know if i have any more problems.

Thanks for your help Eugene, you're a legend
Old 09-19-2011, 04:03 PM

mispost, sorry.

Last edited by YoYo Shop; 09-19-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
I have inspected your store setup and Google's search results. You have the Inline SEO catalog enabled properly, and Google has indexed your store including many products in it: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...imvns&filter=0 ....
Hi,

I'm looking at using ECWID for our ecommerce solution so have been checking out your forums for SEO information, specifically concerning the Inline SEO functionality and how it indexes.

When I visit the about site search quoted in Eugene's reply above, Google is indeed showing individual pages, but all of the previews and cached versions for each product page in the index are of the same basic forum page, Google is not caching or previewing the product pages themselves - and I'm pretty certain that this will not help these pages re getting individual rankings.

Is this normal for the "Inline SEO" functionality of ECWID? Is there any other info or examples that I might be able to take a look at?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hancocks View Post
Hi,

I'm looking at using ECWID for our ecommerce solution so have been checking out your forums for SEO information, specifically concerning the Inline SEO functionality and how it indexes.

When I visit the about site search quoted in Eugene's reply above, Google is indeed showing individual pages, but all of the previews and cached versions for each product page in the index are of the same basic forum page, Google is not caching or previewing the product pages themselves - and I'm pretty certain that this will not help these pages re getting individual rankings.

Is this normal for the "Inline SEO" functionality of ECWID? Is there any other info or examples that I might be able to take a look at?

Thanks
I have inspected the links once more. Indeed there are a lot of URLs that are former exactly like the ones in the inline SEO catalog of Ecwid, but point to the forum page. That page doesn't contain Ewid and it is not how inline SEO works. These links appeared by some mistake of the store owner; the real links to the products in the inline SEO catalog of the shop can be found on the further result pages of the given Google search (so the refined search for the Ecwid products in the inline SEO catalog on that site should go like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=site...w=1328&bih=600 ).

The links listed under this refined search do really reflect how inline SEO catalog works. You can easily see that each such link leads to the unique product details page.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
There may be another plugin in your Wordpress that changes the title of your pages. For example All in One SEO plugin, that works on your site, is able to rewrite the titles created by Ecwid. If possible, it is recommended to disable that feature in that plugin, if you need the unique per-product titles made by Ecwid plugin.
I'd like to ask for some clarification on this please. I'm trying to correct an SEO problem on my site where all the Ecwid pages have the same page title. I AM using an SEO plugin that re-writes titles. For testing, I have disabled the plugin, but I still don't get unique page titles across my Ecwid store pages - All Ecwid pages display the title of my Store page, with no unique product details added.

How do I get unique page titles on Ecwid pages?

And, I can't use a WordPress SEO plugin on my site since that would overwrite the Ecwid titles? If so, then I have to choose between good SEO on my site or good SEO on my Ecwid pages? I can't have good, unique titles across both? I must be misunderstanding something.

Thanks in advance!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.