The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Can you send invoices to clients with ecwid?

Hello,

We just started selling wholesale to vendors, and we are wondering if it's possible to create an invoice for our client and have it sent to them to make payment?

Example:

Every month, our vendors must purchase 30 of our products. At the first of the month, the invoice is automatically emailed to the vendor with instruction on how to complete their order.

I look forward to your responses!

Thanks!

LLI
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Ecwid is a shopping cart solution, it works in a typical workflow for shopping carts: customer comes into the storefront, selects the products to buy, places an order, pays it via online payment system or in some other way, then merchant ships the order.

The thing you are talking about is possible in some way, depending on what you exactly want.

It is possible for a merchant in Ecwid to manually place orders in thee storefront on behalf of customers (if personal information and addresses are known) and await for payment to be cleared. The status of the payment is to be monitored manually in this case (because you are not able to login, say, to buyer's PayPal to pay right away on his behalf), and hence the statuses of orders in Ecwid are to be changed manually.

It is possible to create a 'secret' product that fulfills a typical order of your customer and send a direct link to it to the customer, and then await when customer places and order. Payment can be automatically cleared this way, because then it is customer who is acting in your store. So, the order statuses will also be changed by Ecwid automatically, so the only thing you need to monitor in this case is your Sales page of Ecwid control panel.

Finally, tangentially to Ecwid you can create an invoice to pay in your preferred payment system and send that invoice to your customers. There will be no order in Ecwid in this case, because it is not involved - you only create an invoice in a 3rd party system.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I'm very interested in the secret product/link to customer method you speak of. How do I create such a method?

Thanks!

Danny
The Following User Says Thank You to RealBar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Hello,

Wouldn't using the Purchase Order or Phone Order payment method work in the original scenario? An invoice would have to be manually generated, but the order will exist in Ecwid.
The Following User Says Thank You to info303 For This Useful Post:
KTW Wrap LLC (08-13-2017)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel White1 View Post
I'm very interested in the secret product/link to customer method you speak of. How do I create such a method?
By secret product we mean a product that isn't accessible via the regular catalog browsing. For that you should:
- add a product that your customer usually buys: with price, description, options, etc
- assign this product to a disabled category (create a category and keep it 'disabled')
- send direct link to this product to the buyers.
You can get a direct link by copying any product details page link and inserting product id in the end. For ex:
http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.h...t&product=4064

4064 is the product id. You will find it in the control panel, on the product page, tab 'Html code', the code contains the product id ('productid=)

As a result, this product, being hidden in the disabled category, won't be listed in your store, but will be available by its direct link. The buyers will be able to purchase it as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by info303 View Post
Hello,

Wouldn't using the Purchase Order or Phone Order payment method work in the original scenario? An invoice would have to be manually generated, but the order will exist in Ecwid.

Yes, for this case right the offline payment methods would be more suitable.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 AM

Hello,

how do I manually generate an invoice? I have to give a customer a credit, as she over paid me and I'm having a hard time to find out how I can do that and keep track of it with an invoice.

She paid via paypal.

Thank You!
Fernanda

Last edited by Fernanda Rogers1; 09-27-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: I forgot to say thank you
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM

As far as we understand, you would like to return some money to your customer, right? PayPal lets making partial refunds, please refer to their documentation:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...Refund-outside
Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, it's not that. I've done the refund but I would like to create a credit note/invoice for my customer. But that's fine, I was able to create one on Paypal as well.

Another issue:
One of my customer complaint that she couldn't access her invoice after the purchase. Can you help me with that?

Thank you
Old 09-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Do you mean the order info in the customer's account in your store? If so, please let us know the customer's order number.

If you mean the customer has failed to open the printable invoice right after she has placed the order - unfortunately, it is available only right after the order placing, thus this cannot be investigated already. But the invoice should be available to you in Ecwid control panel - Sales tab, so you can print it and send it to the customer.

If the customer cannot open the PayPal invoice you've issued, that's better to clarify with PayPal support why the invoice is not available to her.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
If you mean the customer has failed to open the printable invoice right after she has placed the order - unfortunately, it is available only right after the order placing.
I was not aware of this. I would consider this a real negative. Any plans to change this behaviour?
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.