The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:06 AM

The "Add to bag" button on mobile store

Hi,

I just want to know how can i get back the "add to bag" in my mobile catalog, can anyone help?

my mobile site address : http://eddita.ecwid.com

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jack Li
Old 06-20-2011, 02:38 PM

You have turned on the option "Require customers to create accounts on checkout" (http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b1f74j0a). Unfortunately, registering in mobile catalog is not currently possible, and hence checking out is not possible for mobile users. So, the Add to BAg button is also disabled for them.

To allow your customers to buy via mobile catalog, please disable "Require customers to create accounts on checkout" option in your Ecwid control panel, System Settings → General → Cart.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Thank you so much~ Eugene

Cheers
Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 AM

Hi Eugene,

So because of the request to create an account on the main website, we completely disable the shopping cart for mobile devices?

I guess I fail to see the logic of this here. Why not disable the ability of mobile users to create an account, but at least let them purchase using the shopping cart.

Why let one environment interfere with another, I guess I must be missing something as I don't appreciate why this would be necessary, and not fixable.

Is it possible to use the API to create an account for either environment, but still allow users to use the shopping cart in which ever environment they are in?

Thanks
Ray
Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Hi Eugene,

So because of the request to create an account on the main website, we completely disable the shopping cart for mobile devices?

I guess I fail to see the logic of this here. Why not disable the ability of mobile users to create an account, but at least let them purchase using the shopping cart.

Why let one environment interfere with another, I guess I must be missing something as I don't appreciate why this would be necessary, and not fixable.

Is it possible to use the API to create an account for either environment, but still allow users to use the shopping cart in which ever environment they are in?

Thanks
Ray
The logic is the following: if a merchant has an option to require customers to be logged in, then we have to require them to be logged in - i.e. we cannot allow the checkout without an existing account anyway. The mobile catalog, however, does not allow yet to create or manage a customer account in Ecwid - we will definitely improve this in the future versions of Ecwid, but right now it is unfortunately not possible. The Ecwid control panel warns the merchant about such behavior, as you may see in the picture linked in my post above. Since the mobile catalog does not support working with customer accounts yet, it is not useful to create them with any kind of API.

So, if you really need to allow your customers to checkout via mobile catalog, you need to disable the requirement to login on checkout. The orders will still be completed with all required information - email, name, addresses etc, but the customer account will not be created. The same way your usual Ecwid storefront built with widgets will allow to checkout without logging in, but again all the required information will be gathered nevertheless.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.