The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Ecwid and Joomla

Hello,
I decided to use the ecwid system. However, it does not work so well with the integration in Joomla.
Did everything as described here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/Joomla
But it does not work, just see the integration code on the start page.I have created a contribution under Joomla and entered the integration code as described.Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Would be really nice to get some advise?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dale View Post
Hello,
I decided to use the ecwid system. However, it does not work so well with the integration in Joomla.
Did everything as described here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/Joomla
But it does not work, just see the integration code on the start page.I have created a contribution under Joomla and entered the integration code as described.Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Would be really nice to get some advise?
Hello Robert.
My name is Ted and I will be glad to help you add your store to your website.

You have mentioned that you have tried the step-by-step guide on how to add Ecwid online store to your Joomla website. I am sorry to hear this didn't work. I will add this detailed guide here:

Installation and setup

Download the Ecwid extension file from this link: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ecwid

Go to Extensions → Manage in your Joomla backend (Step 1 → Step 2 → Step 3)

Upload and install the extension using the Upload Package File section. (Step 4 → Step 5 → Step 6)

When you have uploaded the file and the system have install it you will see this screen.

Go to Components → Ecwid.
Enter your Ecwid Store ID. (Step 7)
Save the changes. (Step 8)

Please go through this “Installation and Setup” process one more time, and please take in mind that when you download the Ecwid extension you get a Zip file. Do not unzip it. This zip file should be added, unpacked and installed by the Joomla system. This is one of the most important steps.

After saving the changes, you should follow this guide to add the Ecwid page to your Joomla website:

Adding your Ecwid page to your site menu

Go to Menus → Main menu → Add New Menu Item in your Joomla backend. If you have many menus, then select the necessary one instead of the main one. (Step 9 → Step 10 → Step 11)

Name your page (Step 12)
Press the Select button next to the Menu Item Type option (Step 13)

Select Ecwid / Product browser. (Step 14 → Step 15)

Save the changes. (Step 16)

Once you do these steps, your Ecwid store will start displaying on your website.
If the problem persists, please provide the link to the page with your Ecwid store so we can check if everything is in the right place.

I hope I was able to help you. Remember we at Ecwid will always be here to assist you.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 AM

Default Joomla not connecting to Ecwid

I have emailed Ecwid twice over 2 days and no response. I have spent hours trying to get my Joomla website to use Ecwid.

I have followed all directions very carefully twice but still when I click on my shop it gives me a 404 error on my website because it cannot find this: index.php?option=com_ecwid&view=ecwid

This provided link is the only product browser that I can set. I can see and use my shop by using a Joomla menu direct link to an external URL: https://store16061019.ecwid.com

Can I link to Ecwid using the direct external URL because despite hours of searching for help I cannot get it to work the way you say it should? Or does this cause security issues?

Other info: I am using Joomla 3.3 with Hika shop current until I can get Ecwid to work. I have cleared the server cache multiple times. This is the shop link https://fedup.com.au/order-books/shop-ecwid-test-2

Please answer soon as I am desperate to get my shop working.

Thanks

Howard
Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM

Actually I checked again and my Joomla version is 3.7.5

An Ecwid person did contact me and suggest putting the new link directly on my menu bar rather than on a drop-down menu. That made no difference - still get the 404 error.

They said they were standing by for my response but that was nearly 24 hrs ago....
Old 01-14-2019, 09:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Dengate View Post
I have emailed Ecwid twice over 2 days and no response. I have spent hours trying to get my Joomla website to use Ecwid.

I have followed all directions very carefully twice but still when I click on my shop it gives me a 404 error on my website because it cannot find this: index.php?option=com_ecwid&view=ecwid

This provided link is the only product browser that I can set. I can see and use my shop by using a Joomla menu direct link to an external URL: https://store16061019.ecwid.com

Can I link to Ecwid using the direct external URL because despite hours of searching for help I cannot get it to work the way you say it should? Or does this cause security issues?

Other info: I am using Joomla 3.3 with Hika shop current until I can get Ecwid to work. I have cleared the server cache multiple times. This is the shop link https://fedup.com.au/order-books/shop-ecwid-test-2

Please answer soon as I am desperate to get my shop working.

Thanks

Howard
Hello Howard,
I am Karina, Ecwid Customer Care Team.
We are sorry you faced the issue with adding your Ecwid Store to Joomla site.

As I see our agent contacted you via email and you tried to add Ecwid to main menu bar and whitelisting Ecwid in the website security platform you use but the error is still there.
Thus the issue has been escalated to our developers and they are looking into it at the moment. We will keep you updated on the matter via email.

Stay tuned!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 PM

Thanks Karina, I look forward to getting my store working....
Old 01-15-2019, 08:55 PM

Hi there, I have waited long enough and need to have my store working. So I have put in a direct link to the store Joomla>external URL and will run it that way. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Dengate View Post
Hi there, I have waited long enough and need to have my store working. So I have put in a direct link to the store Joomla>external URL and will run it that way. Thanks.

Hello,

This is Rina from Ecwid Customer Care team. Thank you for an update!

I'm terribly sorry you have to deal with it and that it takes so much time.

I've forwarded your update to our agent who is working on your issue now. She will email you back as soon as possible.

Please, stay tuned! Thank you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
joomla