Old 02-19-2018, 12:17 PM

Links to categories cause Ecwid product browser to reload

Hi,

I have created a list of categories in the sidebar of my site. However, even when Ecwid product browser has loaded, if I click a sidebar category link the Ecwid product browser reloads (it doesn't if I click the category link within the Ecwid product browser).

Here's URL to my shop: https://www.soffitmesh.co.uk/online-shop/

Is there any way to stop the Ecwid product browser reloading when I click a sidebar category link when on storefront page; I thought there might be as Ecwid product browser has already loaded so why should it need to reload?

Regards,
Richard
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Braithwaite View Post
Hi,

I have created a list of categories in the sidebar of my site. However, even when Ecwid product browser has loaded, if I click a sidebar category link the Ecwid product browser reloads (it doesn't if I click the category link within the Ecwid product browser).

Here's URL to my shop: https://www.soffitmesh.co.uk/online-shop/

Is there any way to stop the Ecwid product browser reloading when I click a sidebar category link when on storefront page; I thought there might be as Ecwid product browser has already loaded so why should it need to reload?

Regards,
Richard
Hello Richard,

This is Una from Ecwid Support. Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry for the delayed reply!

When you click one of the custom menu items to which you assigned category links, a whole webpage reloads. And this is the default behavior, we can’t change it as these menu items are the elements of your website, not Ecwid.

In Ecwid, we use a special method that prevents a storefront from reloading when you navigate between different products and categories in the Product Browser. The method is called History.pushState(), please find a method description and more technical details here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...PI/History_API

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be happy to answer and help.

Best regards,
Una Q.
Ecwid Support Team
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM

Thank you Una for the helpful reply - mush appreciated!
Old 04-04-2018, 01:08 PM

Thank you so much as I have faced the same problem from last week. Now it resolved

----------------------------
Custom Mobile app