Old 08-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Ecwid store added to multiple pages?

I'm testing out this Ecwid store to see if I like it better than Wix's store and I'm wondering if it's possible to add Certain Categories to Certain pages.

Example: Make a category for "Watches" and then have a wix page made called "Watches" and then only display that category on its page. Then do another one for "Bracelets" and do the same thing, etc. So far it seems that the app is only designated to ONE page.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenna Levak For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 04:55 PM

Jenna,
I use categories all the time, and you can nest them within other categories. Just open your Ecwid control panel and Click on "Catalog" and then "Categories". Click on Add Root Category to add a main category. Once you create that, you can create subcategories.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Email: bwatts@wattsrunning.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/wattsrunning
Twitter: www.twitter.com/wattsrunning
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Watts For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 08:08 PM

Yes, I see about the categories but it still doesn't let me add the shop to multiple pages. If I could, I would put 1 category on each page.

Does someone know if you can do that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenna Levak For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Levak View Post
Yes, I see about the categories but it still doesn't let me add the shop to multiple pages. If I could, I would put 1 category on each page.

Does someone know if you can do that?
Hello Jenna!
I'm Anna, Ecwid team, thank you for the question.

As far as I understand, you would like to add different Ecwid categories to different pages of your Wix website, correct?

If so, please refer to this article for the instructions on how to do this: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...esonwixwebsite

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us for help.
Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 07:26 PM

Default Linked Ecwid category pages not starting at top of page

I made my links for each of the categories and when I click on them it takes me to the right page but starts it viewing the page two scrolls down. Very annoying. View here - https://www.ortmannwoodcraft.com/shop Click on any one of the four categories.

Thank you for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ortmann Woodcraft For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortmann Woodcraft View Post
I made my links for each of the categories and when I click on them it takes me to the right page but starts it viewing the page two scrolls down. Very annoying. View here - https://www.ortmannwoodcraft.com/shop Click on any one of the four categories.

Thank you for your help.
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

I've checked your website and the scroll. We've got an instruction on how to force the scroll position on websites here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207101519 Unfortunately, due to the Wix specific structure, this tag doesn't work on Wix websites.

I should also explain why this scroll happens. It happens when the header is more than 150 px. When a customer moves between store pages, the page scrolls so that they could see the store and didn't have to scroll the page themselves. If you make the header smaller, there should be no scroll on the page.

Also, I've found another solution for you. That's a script that removes the scroll, but it's not perfect since there remains a small blink. If you like, you can still give it a try, here is the code:

Code:
<script> Ecwid.OnPageLoad.add(function(page) {
  Wix.scrollBy(0,-1000);
});
</script>
Add this code to the Ecwid app advanced settings, here is how:

1. Go to Wix HTML Editor -> Pages, open the store page.
2. Place the cursor on the area with shop and double click (or click the "Settings" button), a popup window with app settings will appear.
3. Choose the "Design" tab and scroll down to "Advanced settings". Add the code to the appeared box:

Save the changes and publish them. Check how your website works after that. If you don't like it, remove the code from the Advanced settings. So far, that's the only code to get rid of the scroll effect on Wix websites.

Hope this helps!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daria Sh. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortmann Woodcraft View Post

Thank you for your help.
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

I'm writing to let you know that we've fixed the issue with the page scroll. Here is what happened previously: when one moved between store pages, there was always a scroll to the beginning of the store. Since you had a header in a fixed position, this header overlapped a part of the store.

Now we've removed the scroll and the page opens from the very top, it doesn't scroll to the part where the store begins. You can already see the new behavior in your store.

If you used the workaround with a script that I gave in the post above, you need to remove it.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Last edited by Daria Sh.; 03-01-2018 at 08:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daria Sh. For This Useful Post:
Stacy_P (03-01-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 11:02 PM

Hi,
I have the same question. This is ridiculously frustrating compared to Wix Stores.
What I want:
Drop down menu at the top of my page that lists several sub-categories of my store.
When you click on that drop down, it gives you a list. In this example-Softshells.
I then want to be taken to a specific page that only has Softshell products on it.
I also do not want to see the ugly category boxes on the Online store page.
please see www.backazimuthgear.com.
I'm about to switch back to Wix Stores....much simpler....
Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Boehne View Post
Hi,
I have the same question. This is ridiculously frustrating compared to Wix Stores.
What I want:
Drop down menu at the top of my page that lists several sub-categories of my store.
When you click on that drop down, it gives you a list. In this example-Softshells.
I then want to be taken to a specific page that only has Softshell products on it.
I also do not want to see the ugly category boxes on the Online store page.
please see www.backazimuthgear.com.
I'm about to switch back to Wix Stores....much simpler....
Hello Chad,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thank you for contacting us on this matter. I'm here to help you.

You can achieve what you want. Let me explain it to you in details.

I checked the provided link http://www.backazimuthgear.com/ and it did not work for me, sorry. Here is what I could see: http://take.ms/SLJnD

To add a categories menu to your Ecwid store on your Wix site please follow this step by step instruction.

As a result, it will look like this:

As for the categories on the main page. You may want to add images to your categories in your control panel > Catalog > Categories. Thus, thumbnails will be shown instead of color boxes.

It is also possible to hide thumbnails at all. You can do it with the help of this CSS code:

Code:
/* to hide categories thumbnails */
.ec-size .ec-store .grid-category__wrap-inner { 
display: none; 
}
Add this code to your active CSS theme in your control panel > Design > 'Create theme' or 'Edit theme' button.

As a result, categories will not be shown on the main store page.

I hope this helps. We are always here to help if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:48 PM

https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...d-store-on-Wix

Following the link above to LINK the category sections to a new page, and it's simply just not working.