Old 03-16-2018, 05:29 AM

PayPal Setup Error/Awaiting Payment

I setup PayPal, but spelled the email address wrong... Several people ordered... Noticed all seemed stuck on "Awaiting Payment".... Found error and corrected it... Still stuck on "Awaiting Payment"

Will this auto update, or am I going to need to do something?

https://store5111061.ecwid.com/

Last edited by AFN; 03-16-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:09 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi!

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the post. Let's try to sort that out.

I've checked your account, and all of the orders are in the Awaiting payment status. It means that the money has not arrived in the PayPal account connected at the moment of purchase.

If we click the "See details" button next to this order, then we can see this error message next to the transaction ID:

Quote:
This order is "Awaiting Payment" because the money has not been transferred to your PayPal account yet.

Pending reason returned by PayPal:
The payment is pending because it was made to an email address that is not yet registered or confirmed.
Please let me explain what happened.

Ecwid "communicates" with online payment gateways via a merchant's payment account, using the account details recorded in the Ecwid control panel.

If you submit a PayPal account email as example@example.org, Ecwid will transmit this email to PayPal thus telling PayPal that "This payment must be transferred to this account registered in your system". PayPal checks whether this email exists, and if not (or there's a problem with the account), the payment isn't completed, the money hangs in the Pending status on the PayPal side, and the order gets the Awaiting Payment status in Ecwid.

As a result, after the email change, the money won't be transferred to the new PayPal account automatically. The funds are already assigned to the PayPal account entered initially.

However, no worries, there are a couple of solutions in this case. The point is that if your order was a real one and you still are going to deliver this product, then the money will be pending on the PayPal side for approximately 45 days. If no one claims the funds during this time, the money will be returned to the sender.

Consequently, there are the following options:
  1. Leave it as it is. Contact the buyer, explain the situation, and ask to place a new order. You could create an invoice in your PayPal account with the same amount and ask the customer to pay it. That may be easier for them.
  2. Register a PayPal account for the wrong email and verify it. After that, PayPal will transfer the money to this account, and you will be able to re-transfer the funds to your main business account. When the money is transferred to you, you can change the orders statuses to Paid in the Ecwid control panel -> Sales page.

I hope this information will be helpful.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:14 PM

Thank you for your response. I went with option B. I created a Gmail account with the typo and linked it to my business PayPal account. Most of the orders went through immediately after. At least one seems to still be hung up though.... Not sure why
Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for the reply.

Glad to hear that most transactions went through. As for the pending one, our team doesn't have access to your PayPal account records, and thus we are not able to check what's going on with the funds on the PayPal end.

In such situations, it's advised to contact the PayPal team directly. They are able to check the records of PayPal transactions.

You can find the various ways to contact the PayPal support team here: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...ervice-FAQ1920

Please let me know if you have any questions.