Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM

Question

Sendcloud - A must have integration Ecwid needs to add!!

Can we have an integration with SendCloud? They have an amazing service to reduce shipping costs and time. Right now there are many other e-commerce shops and Ecwid is the only one missing.

Can you please reach to them for a seamless integration? I've reached them as well but they need a push to move faster.

Such an integration would create immense value for all Ecwid users, not to mention that Sendcloud would benefit as well from the millions of users Ecwid has.

I really need this plugin integration. Am looking for such a solution for 1-2 years already.

https://www.sendcloud.com
Old 02-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Vlad,

Alexandra is here, Ecwid Support. Thank you for contacting us!

I've forwarded your suggestion to our team, but at the moment I cannot tell any specific details or ETA on its release. Hopefully, we'll be able to integrate it in the future though.

As of now, you may consider the following options:

– There are similar services like ShippingEasy or ShipStation which have already been integrated with Ecwid, so feel free to check them out to see if they suit your needs.

– It should be possible to create a custom integration with SendCloud based on SendCloud and Ecwid API. Ecwid API docs can be found here: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

However such development requires programming skills, so you will need to hire a third party developer for this task. Otherwise, you can count on the services of our customization team who usually performs such tasks on a paid basis. If you decide to go with their services, you will need to fill out the form here: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv

They will evaluate your request and get back to you shortly via email to discuss further details.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have other questions.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your reply! I know the existing options like Shipstation, the issue with them is that they address mainly the US based market and the carriers are mainly from there. In Europe we have just a few of these, like FedEx, DHL.. that charge much more, specially for small businesses. That's why SendCloud is a perfect option because they integrate many European shipping services, Post NL, DPD and so on that are way more cheaper and I for example already use them, and I'm sure there are many others that rely on them for shipping. For example same package costs me 12 euro with Post NL while Fed Ex or DHL is around 34 euro at my current volumes.
Not to mention that SendCloud doesn't charge monthly fees like the others, which is a big plus.

Hope you'll have a look at it and integrate it as European sellers need some better local options.
If you contact SendCloud and give them a push they might even do it themselves as Ecwid has a big customer pool.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi!

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation.

I've passed your comments on to our product team. At the moment, they are considering possible solutions to add the SendCloud integration to Ecwid. We'll also message you if we integrate with this service.

Moreover, since the only purpose of carriers is to calculate shipping rates, I may suggest using a Custom table shipping method. This way, you'll be able to emulate the rates manually based on different properties such as weight and subtotal. More details on the custom table configuration can be found here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ng#Customtable

Tags
carriers, save time, sendcloud, shipping