Old 05-12-2016, 05:56 PM

Smile

Please review

I have been with ECWID since the early days and have learned so much. Although, I have still not had any official training in web design, my abilities have definitely improved.
I really would like to know how my site looks these days to the unbiased viewer, and would appreciate any critiques on how to make it better and more professional.
Thanks,
John
Cozee Clothing
https://cozeeclothing.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Cozee For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-08-2018)
Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 AM

Some pictures doesn't look clear enough. Like the one with Coconut Oil Products, this gives your site a bit not professional look. I've recently made my site through this drag and drop website builder: http://www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php. They offered plenty of different designs so I had what to choose from.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Johnsons For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Johnsons View Post
Some pictures doesn't look clear enough. Like the one with Coconut Oil Products, this gives your site a bit not professional look. I've recently made my site through this drag and drop website builder: http://www.templatemonster.com/moto-cms-3-templates.php. They offered plenty of different designs so I had what to choose from.
Hello,

Can you please post here a link to your store page where the images do not look clear enough? Are these the product images? Do they look the same in different browsers?

What device are you using?

The screenshots of what you see will also be of great help.

Thank you in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2016, 01:40 PM

Thanks for your reply Liza. If images are blurry, it's on my end.

Thank you Peter for the review, I was aware of the low quality shots but kept putting it off. I will be fixing those shortly. I am happy with the theme I am using, as I get better at design, it gives me the liberty to arrange my site the way I like.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:13 PM

Your store looks professional John.. can you share with us some learned tricks

particularly some css design i saw on your store.. i'm afraid i'm like you, but this is my early days, and i still need to learn a lot..

has an amazing support team!!

Last edited by mOonwatcher; 06-15-2016 at 04:32 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mOonwatcher For This Useful Post:
Cozee (06-15-2016), DmitryDavydov (01-08-2018), Lisse (11-24-2017)
Old 06-15-2016, 05:29 PM

Thank you! Best thing I have heard since I started.
Would love to assist if I am able.
John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cozee For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-08-2018), Lisse (11-24-2017), mOonwatcher (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 03:27 PM

Smile

How are you able to put outlines or borderlines on your right panel product browser??
http://prntscr.com/bh5730

Thanks for providing help on how to make their background transparent

Your store will benefit with a mobile app, have they offered ShopApp to you yet?? imagine your store in your every customer's pocket.. the marketing you can have with them.. I only hope Ecwid will make it available on Business Plan too at least.. not everyone needs the features on unlimited plan..

Best,
Ehmi
The Following User Says Thank You to mOonwatcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2016, 03:59 PM

The app is not important to me right now.
Here is the script-

div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-rightPanel div.ecwid-productBrowser-backgroundedPanel {
background: transparent;
border: 1px #003159 solid;
}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cozee For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-08-2018), Liza (06-17-2016), mOonwatcher (06-16-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 06:00 PM

You have an interesting assortment of items.

Regarding feedback on the look and professionalism. I'd suggest polishing up your product photographs. It's a never ending task to work towards improving but here are some things that have helped me a lot.

Adobe Photography Plan which give me Lightroom and Photoshop ($10/month) I use them for simple edits to brighten up photos and remove grey backgrounds. I think the invisible maniquin photos are the most professional looking. I found a video that explains how to do it. The video explains it but the key to getting rid of grey backgrounds is to light behind the product and in front of the product. I do all my photography with an iPhone 5s. I use the ProCamera App with PhotoSync to transfer the photos to my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbozswrJNI4

I'd like to know how you did your product search. I found that you are on ebay but I could not tell if you are using the ebay-ecwid integration. I'm starting to use it. I'd like to know your experience if you using it. Have you tried the Google Merchant integration? I tried to find you via search on google but I could not find your products in the Google shopping. I found you on facebook the "shop now" looks good.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Littlefield For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2016, 05:41 AM

Red face

Thanks John for your feedback,

My wife and I have been growing this business for a few years now. Unfortunately, we have thousands of product pictures, many of which were taken during our extreme amateur days. If you view our New Arrivals page, you will noticed a big change in the quality of the photographs, yes many still have a grayish background. I will definitely check out those videos you suggested and hope they will help me improve my pictures.
Our products are separately on Ebay and our website. Hoping to draw more customers over to the website through SEO practices. Ebay is our life-blood, but each sale we get on the site either organically or by promotion is less we have to pay in Ebay fees. I do not pay anything towards Google shopping or Adwords and am hoping to grow the website myself by trial and error. Thank you for checking out my Facebook shop, unfortunately, we have never had a sale from there.
Which product search are you referring to? if it's the drop-down, I borrowed those from this forum. Would be happy to share if that is what you are asking.
Thanks again you are very helpful

Tags
customized, ebay, sote review