Old 10-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Changing the print out look for invoices

I have been looking for a way to change the way the options on my invoice is laid out when printing them. I have tried to enable the clean invoice layout but that doesn't help. It really is hard to read them in paragraph form when we're filling the order. I have searched and searched for a way for this to be a list instead of it all running together.

Here is an example of what the paragraph looks like containing all the options on my invoice.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Lawson View Post
I have been looking for a way to change the way the options on my invoice is laid out when printing them. I have tried to enable the clean invoice layout but that doesn't help. It really is hard to read them in paragraph form when we're filling the order. I have searched and searched for a way for this to be a list instead of it all running together.

Here is an example of what the paragraph looks like containing all the options on my invoice.
Hi Linda,

This is Wendy with Ecwid customer care team. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us!

In order to change the way the options are displaying on the invoice, you should do the following:

1. First, you should switch to "Improved printed invoices" in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > What's new page. Old invoices are non-editable, that's why we added new invoice templates.

2. Then, go to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Invoice page. Click "Edit Template" button.

3. Find this piece of code on line 421: <p>${orderItem.formattedOptions}</p>

4. Replace this code with the following code:

Code:
<#list orderItem.options as option>
<p>${option.name}: ${option.value}</p>
</#list>
5. Remember to save the changes after you finish.

I hope this will help.

If you have other concerns, please feel free to message us back and it will be my pleasure to assist you further. Have a wonderful day!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:36 PM

Okay I got it listed but now this is showing up on the top of my invoices. I didn't touch the top of the invoice section. Only what you suggested.

Last edited by Linda Lawson; 10-31-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Hello,

Have you tried Printout Designer? It allows you to create custom packing slips and other printout design using drag and drop editor. You can also automatically e-mail and print invoices, packing slips and other printouts when orders are created, paid or fulfilled - without the trouble of coding.
You can check it out here: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/shipping/printout-designer

Hope it helps,
Robert

Tags
invoice layout