Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Webpartner

Sitemap Generator

This app will improve your store’s visibility in search engines by generating a sitemap. Once you’ve downloaded your sitemap.xml file, simply upload it to your hosted website and submit it to Google Webmaster, Bing, and Yandex!

What to do if you don't have access to your web host

If you are not able to upload your downloaded sitemap to your webhost, you are still able to use this app by hosting the sitemap with Amazon. Click here to learn more.

Request a feature

Think of a feature that you'd like added to this app? Click here to file a request.

Report a bug

Find something that isn't working correctly? Click here to file an issue.

Last edited by John R Perry; 04-03-2017 at 03:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to John R Perry For This Useful Post:
smartMart (03-23-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 AM

Hi John
Thanks so much for this great app!!

Please could you consider adding the ability to have the sitemap xml file as a direct link option available in the app. The download file option is great if one has access to ftp, however, our Ecwid store is hosted on Wix which do not allow ftp access or file upload abilities, making it impossible for us to submit this downloaded sitemap file, and Google webmaster tools dont accept file upload, only direct link option specific to that site.

We personally would not mind paying for the app with this feature, sitemap is such an important part of ranking in Google.

Thanks so much!
Bryan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JungleAquatics For This Useful Post:
Darjeelingboy (11-07-2017), ibanezblack (03-12-2017), Leon Bourne (03-29-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 10:09 PM

I am also having the same problem, don't know why Ecwid offer this as a viable site map generator when we can't use it on ECWID carts!
Old 03-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Webpartner

You can use it with Ecwid. This app wouldn't exist if Ecwid users couldn't use it. I, for example, use it in my own store.

As far as wix users go, Ecwid would need to make it possible for app developers to generate static files that would export with the site. This would be awesome, but is out of my control.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 PM

This has been several attempts to get an answer to how I can get this app to work on my ecwid store, but each time I am not given concise instructions on how to apply the app to make it work. Just "yes it does work"
So please give me full tutorial on how to apply/upload to make this app work.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM

Hello, I found this post and was having similar troubles and I found a solution that may help the OP or possibly someone else and I hope it’s okay to post what I learned. For background, I host with ipage and I simply use the Ecwid starter site as my home page. The domain I own, for simplicity, is mydomain.com. my starter site and store is at the subdomain www.mydomain.com using the CNAME function within the DNS of mydomain.com at ipage to link app.ecwid.com to www.

I use .htaccess thru the ipage control panel to redirect mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com so vistors are taken directly into the starter site/store. Because of the ecwid dynamic system I use this sitemap generator app to generate the sitemap so I could hopefully use the google webmasters tools and such.

Now in the google webmasters, under the site mydomain.com, I used the ADD/TEST button in the sitemaps section to add the store_sitemap.xml location, the app generated file. I got an error saying the file could not be found and when you clicked on the store_sitemap link on the error page, the new pop up window gave the bad file as www.mystore.comstore_sitemap.xml.

Notice how there is no “/” between .com and store. I tried every way to solve this and nothing. It drove me nuts. I went to my ipage file manager and created the store_sitemap.xml file as the app instruction suggest, from the download the app provided, into the root directory thinking google would find it and still the same error. Ugh! I tried everything and never could get google to find the sitemap for mydomain.com. and thus I’ve had no data whatsoever on anything. Zero clicks registered, zero pages indexed. Nothing.

Then it hit me to try adding www.mydomain.com to google websmasters so now there are two sites, mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com in the control panel. And if you type those URL’s directly into your browser and hit enter, you will get two different locations if you are using ecwid and the starter site like I am.

However, I could not get google webmasters to verify my ownership of www.mydomain.com thru any of their options until I used the domain provider option. With ipage, under DNS you can Modify a TXT/SPF Record and simply copy the google info provided into a new TXT and google verified my ownership. I tried using all the other files and options and just didn’t find any files. But that one worked.

So now with www.mydomain.com verified I did the ADD sitemap to this new www version but this time I got the error that it was an html file and not xml and it failed again. I then realized that ecwid(?) automatically forwards all old links on the web to your home page so you don’t have missing or broken links. but it also converts the xml to the standard homepage.html file and everyone is sent to www.mydomain.com even though the url at the top says/www.mydomain.com/store_sitemap.xml.. Google looks for the url of the sitemap but ecwid forwards it to my homepage so google rejected the sitemap again.

Now, here’s what is crazy. I switched back to using just the mydomain.com and under the sitemap instead of having the error it used to have all of my pages and pictures have now been indexed. But what’s even crazier if you once again click the store_sitemap.xml link on the sitemap page, it takes you again to the link with the missing “/” and thus an error page. But the sitemap is there and the app has loaded it properly. And as they said, Yes it’s working. It just doesn’t seem like it. But my pages have been indexed whereas a few minutes before they hadn’t.

And what boggles my mind more is there are no stats or anything on the mydomain.com webmaster side but when you switch over to www.mydomain.com there is now analytic data that I’ve been looking for. So in all this confusion, I found on google websmasters, if your domain is just mydomain.com, make sure you also verify ownership of www.mydomain.com. And one of them my get the sitemap to work and the other may provide you the analytics. Maybe what I discovered is just s fluke or a quirk but if the info helps anyone save any of the stress or frustration I went thru then typing this was worth it.

Btw, now that I figured out my situation, thanks for the app!!!

Last edited by Passion Glass Sex Toys; 03-24-2017 at 03:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Passion Glass Sex Toys For This Useful Post:
Leon Bourne (03-29-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:49 PM

I realize now it is not ecwid that is the problem,it is my Hosting company Yola that I have now reached out to asking how to upload the store_sitemap.xml file.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjs View Post
This has been several attempts to get an answer to how I can get this app to work on my ecwid store, but each time I am not given concise instructions on how to apply the app to make it work. Just "yes it does work"
So please give me full tutorial on how to apply/upload to make this app work.

Thanks
Hi Peter!

Thanks a lot for contacting Ecwid Support.

You contacted our Support team via e-mail and I've already replied you.

Just in case, I leave a copy of this message here.

Your site's Sitemap URL is https://www.wildflowersaromatherapy.com/sitemap.xml

Once you’ve downloaded your sitemap.xml file with the help of the Sitemap Generator App, simply upload it to your server — usually in the root folder. You can upload the XML sitemap by logging into your web hosting account and going to the file manager, navigating to the site root folder and then uploading the sitemap. Then you can submit it to Google Webmaster.

The instructions on how to upload a sitemap.xml file can vary at different sites and hosting platform. So you'd better contact the Yola support on this matter to get more specific recommendations.

Here is a tutorial you may find helpful, please refer to the link: https://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/s...for_my_website

Hope this helps! Please, let us know if any further assistance is required.

Ecwid team
The Following User Says Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
John R Perry (03-23-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Webpartner

Hi all!

I wrote a guide that explains how you can still use the sitemap if you do not have access to your web host. Here's the guide.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John R Perry For This Useful Post:
Cyril D (04-04-2017), Elaine V (04-10-2017), kenga (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 05:02 PM

Thanks John works perfectly.

Tags
google webmaster, index, seo, sitemap, yandex