The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:47 PM

Help setting up payments

Hi,
As I was setting up my store and going through the steps I clicked enable ecwid payments. I wasn't sure I if I was supposed to do that or not. I have also set up through PayPal after I saw that as an option, but didn't know much about the ecwid. I have the free level of stuff.
If I were to enable ecwid payments, what fees would be assessed to use it?
Do I have to use ecwid payments if I set stuff up through PayPal?

I already got the confirmation email for ecwid payments, but haven't confirmed anything for it. But I also don't want my account to close and have payments go back to buyers. I would prefer to use PayPal.
What do I do to be able to use PayPal, not have my account closed, and still keep my storefront?

I tried emailing my question, but I don't qualify for email support. So any help in here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Liz

Please provide the link to your storefront

www.dragonflygarden.blogspot.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz59824502 For This Useful Post:
Andrew Torpedo (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Default Help setting up payments

Hello Liz,

This is Andrew from Ecwid customer care team. Thank you for your post. I am very sorry for the delay with the reply.

Please find the answers to your questions below:

Quote:
As I was setting up my store and going through the steps I clicked enable ecwid payments. I wasn't sure I if I was supposed to do that or not. I have also set up through PayPal after I saw that as an option, but didn't know much about the ecwid. I have the free level of stuff.
If I got it right, you added the Ecwid Payments method and then you saw PayPal. There is no problem at all! You can add multiple payment methods to your store and use them at the same time. For example you can add Ecwid Payment, PayPal, Square etc..and your customer will choose the most convenient payment method to pay for the orders. Some customers prefer PayPal, some Ecwid payments. Please read more about the available payment method in Ecwid in our Accepting payments help center article.

Quote:
If I were to enable ecwid payments, what fees would be assessed to use it?
Do I have to use ecwid payments if I set stuff up through PayPal?
As far as I can see, your business is based in the US. Therefore the following transaction fees are applicable:

Ecwid Plan Transaction Fee
Free 2.9% + $0.30 USD
Venture, Silver 2.85% + $0.30 USD
Business 2.8% + $0.30 USD
Unlimited 2.75% + $0.30 USD

Please note, that this fees will be charged from the amount your customer pays for the product. There are no charges just for adding the Ecwid Payments gateway to your store. If there are no transactions then nothing will be charged. The same rules are applicable to other payment gateways (PayPal, Square etc). Though please note that the transaction fee is different and depends on the payment gateway. You should specify the information about the transaction fees with the payment gateways you are planning to use.

Please read more about Ecwid Payments

Quote:
> I already got the confirmation email for ecwid payments, but haven't confirmed anything for it. But I also don't want my account to close and have payments go back to buyers. I would prefer to use PayPal.
As far as I can see, there are no orders paid with the Ecwid payments. Therefore you can either confirm the Ecwid Payments account and start accepting payments or disable it in your Ecwid Control panel --> Settings --> Payment. Move the slider next to the Ecwid Payments method to disable it if it is your final decision.

Quote:
What do I do to be able to use PayPal, not have my account closed, and still keep my storefront?
If your Ecwid Payments account will be closed/disabled it won't affect your Ecwid Store at all! Your Ecwid store will be still active and you can continue selling your products using other payment methods like PayPal.

Quote:
I have the free level of stuff.
Please do not worry. You can sell on the Free Plan. Here is what you can do with the Free plan:

– Upload unlimited number of images to your products.

– Set different product options.

– Set shipping methods and accept payments.

– Customize the design of your store with the help of CSS, and so on.

With these features, you can create a fully functional store absolutely for free, and start selling without any restrictions right away. And your store will be always available — there is no such thing as a trial period.

However, if your business grows and you want to sell more, and have an access to other features, you can always choose the plan that will meet your business requirements. Here you can see the list of features available on paid plans: https://www.ecwid.com/pricing

That's it. I hope that the information indicated in this post will be helpful and useful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be really glad to help you.

Useful Links:
Old 10-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Default Thanks for the help

Thank you Andrew for your help! Most everything was answered, and now I know the answers to the remaining questions I had. Thanks again!
Liz
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz59824502 For This Useful Post:
Andrew Torpedo (10-12-2017)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
payments, paypal check out, setting up