Old 01-01-2018, 11:22 AM

coding needed to open product in NEW WINDOW when click on store page

coding needed to open product in NEW WINDOW when click on store page. my website needs direct code. SINGLE SCRIPT would be a better idea... so that each product when clicked opens in a new window....
well IN INDIA all this is done... naturally
I feel sorry now that i took ECWID services.... a waste of money and time
No one is able to make a code and mail me or its very stupid that each product opens in the same windo through ECWID
I think it should be QUITE NATURAL.....
Product must opoen in new window not in the same page....
Old 01-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKY View Post
coding needed to open product in NEW WINDOW when click on store page. my website needs direct code. SINGLE SCRIPT would be a better idea... so that each product when clicked opens in a new window....
well IN INDIA all this is done... naturally
I feel sorry now that i took ECWID services.... a waste of money and time
No one is able to make a code and mail me or its very stupid that each product opens in the same windo through ECWID
I think it should be QUITE NATURAL.....
Product must opoen in new window not in the same page....
Hello!

This is Wendy from Ecwid customer care team. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us!

As far as I understand, you'd like to have the products which are opened in the new tab each, when visitors are clicking on them in the product list.

By design, the product detailed pages open in the same browser tab; this is the way how the most of online shops work. For ex., Amazon which is the world's largest internet store works this way as well: the product details pages open in the same tab where you have opened the store.

If you'd like to change this default behavior, you totally can do it with the help of the custom code. Such customization is possible with the help of Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

It means you will need to create a custom code for your store and put it on the server where your site is hosted. Please note, this will require advanced programming skills.

If you need a professional help with such customization, you may want to hire a developer. In Ecwid, we offer a customization service on a paid basis. If you'd like to learn how many hours the development of such feature will take, let me know and I will get back to you with more detailed info on this.

Feel free to message us back if you have any more questions!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Tags
browser, ecwid, mandatory, window