Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM

Exclamation

Payment not working, Ecwid not answering

My husband and I have stores through the Ecwid platform, and we both have "Awaiting payment" statuses in both. We're very confused, as all three costumers paid with debit/credit card and it's gone through before.
We have tried to contact Ecwid about this - it's been 4 days and no one has responded.
One person wrote to my husband saying they would "look into it", and we have STILL not heard.
I'm so frustrated because now this is looking bad on our end since we can't ship anything off to our customers until we get payment. We're used to eBay who responds quickly.
Is there a way to fix this ourselves or get Ecwid to respond? This is getting ridiculous at this point and we're thinking about switching platforms.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Same here! I just started my new cart...I had another store and sales have dropped since changing 2 weeks ago. 2 customers said, "I could only choose the phone in payment" selection!!!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:45 PM

There is a huge training in Dallas this weekend and my product is being used and pushed by the trainers. This issue is going to cost me serious sales when customers can't pay online. UGH!!!!!
Old 11-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello there,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thank you for reaching us out!

Quote:
My husband and I have stores through the Ecwid platform, and we both have "Awaiting payment" statuses in both. We're very confused, as all three costumers paid with debit/credit card and it's gone through before. <...> Is there a way to fix this ourselves or get Ecwid to respond? This is getting ridiculous at this point and we're thinking about switching platforms.
I sincerely apologize for keeping the radio silence, and I really am sorry that we haven't been able to address the issue sooner. We'll try to prevent it from happening again.

I've sent an email to Michael already, but just in case, I'm going to cite it below.

We've checked our log records related to the order #2. The order itself wasn't paid by your customer; initially, it got into the abandoned carts section. It may happen for several reasons, but the most common one is when your customers change their mind and leave the store without placing the order.

In case with the order #2, the checkout wasn't completed: your customer reached the payment page, but the transaction itself didn't take place.

According to our log records, the order appeared in your sales list because it was placed via API v.3; and as I see from your store settings, earlier you tried to install our mobile app for iOS. Our mobile app also utilizes API, so it seems like you'd found the order in the abandoned carts and then placed it manually. As a result, it appeared in the sales list.

Links on the topic:

How to track and recover abandoned sales

Order status

Please, feel free to respond to my email if you have any additional questions. By the way, you mentioned that you have "awaiting payment" statuses in both stores; could you also send me the store ID of your second account? I'll check this one as well.

Quote:
Same here! I just started my new cart...I had another store and sales have dropped since changing 2 weeks ago. 2 customers said, "I could only choose the phone in payment" selection!!!
Robert, one of our agents has sent you an email too; we've checked your website, but haven't noticed anything abnormal so far. Could you give us more details, please? What issue exactly your customers faced during checkout?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 AM

Hello,

We do not have access to the abandon shopping carts so this simply makes no sense. We have no access manually. Additionally, the order was placed by a family member and they said the money came out of their account. We will need you to dig deeper and figure out where the money went.

The store ids are: 12463347
The second is: 12435627

Additionally, your English is very difficult to understand. Please connect us with a higher up or double check your grammar as it is difficult to interpret.

Robert- we are extremely upset by this, if you’d like to work with us to reach a higher up and see that they fix this issue do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2017, 10:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I apologize for the miscommunication. Believe me, I want to get to the bottom of it as much as you do, so let me summarize everything we have at the moment. In case I missed anything, please let me know.

Store ID 12463347

If we check the order details of orders #1 and #2, we see that your customers selected the payment method called Phone Order.

The same payment method is currently active in your store:

The Phone Order usually implies that the payment should be made outside of Ecwid (i.e. your customers don't have to submit any credit card details at the checkout page of your store). When they select it, they see an instruction on how the funds should be transferred to your account (or they can pay you directly—when it comes to items that should be picked up in the brick and mortar store, or delivered by you to the client).

You can learn more about offline payment methods here: Offline Payments

Your customers selected this method, but they didn't pay for the order because they didn't fill in any credit card information.

Thus, if you want to receive the funds for the orders in question, you will need to contact the customers directly and let them know the way they can transfer the money to your account. Otherwise, ask them to place orders in your store once again; this time they will need to select an online payment method at the checkout.

Store ID 12435627

The #2 order wasn't paid; if you open the order details in your Ecwid Control Panel, there will be no transaction ID.

I assume that initially the order ended up in the abandoned carts because the customer didn't complete the checkout. They added items to the cart, entered their address and selected the payment method at the checkout, but didn't place the order.

According to our log records, the order was moved to the orders list via API. You don't have any extensions installed; but as I see from your settings, you tried our mobile app for iOS. Since you have been on the Free plan, you could use the mobile app only for a limited (trial) period of time.

Currently, the abandoned carts feature is available for those who use our mobile app during its trial period. Here is how the abandoned orders look in the app, see the screenshots below:

There is the "Place Order" button: one can place the abandoned order manually, and it will be shown as "Awaiting Payment" in the orders list.

Michael and Jenna, are you sure that you didn't place the order manually in the app? If the order was paid, could you send us the payment receipt by email, please?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:38 AM

I am having a problem receiving payment from Ecwid itself, they say they have the money and every three or four days they ask me to update my bank, I haven't had a issue for months and now I cant get my money from Ecwid. They asked me for some documents which I sent and I still cant get paid. I am thinking this is a scam, they want me to pay for a subscription to give me access to someone to talk to. It is completely ridiculous
Old 11-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Sardella View Post
I am having a problem receiving payment from Ecwid itself, they say they have the money and every three or four days they ask me to update my bank, I haven't had a issue for months and now I cant get my money from Ecwid. They asked me for some documents which I sent and I still cant get paid. I am thinking this is a scam, they want me to pay for a subscription to give me access to someone to talk to. It is completely ridiculous
Hello!

This is Wendy with Ecwid customer care team.

We are very sorry this happened. I'll be happy to help you to sort this out.

I inspected your Ecwid account and checked the communication history in our mailbox. As I see, you enabled Ecwid Payments (WePay) option in your online store. The payments for the orders transferred to your WePay merchant account.

WePay team regularly review the merchants' accounts to ensure they are in compliance with regulatory and risk requirements. To my regret, they were unable to verify the information which you provided during initial set up. WePay have approved your recent incoming payments, but they need to hold your deposit until your information can be verified.

You already provided the requested documents and we forwarded them to WePay team. As soon as WePay team complete the account review, we'll get back to you via email with an update.

I've just sent a message to WePay team and asked for an update. We'll inform you as soon as we hear back from WePay.

Please stay tuned!

Live chat and email support is available to paid Ecwid users. You got in touch with us via email regarding your Ecwid Payments (WePay) account and we replied to your message. All customers (free and paid) can send Ecwid Payments-related requests using this contact form: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new We'll be happy to help!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:38 PM

THank you very much Wendy for the update, I do feel that there will be a resolution to this problem now. But the issue with the bank account still exists, do you have an account on file or do I need to update this again?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Raymond!

This is Ecwid customer care. My name is Charlie.

Quote:
THank you very much Wendy for the update, I do feel that there will be a resolution to this problem now. But the issue with the bank account still exists, do you have an account on file or do I need to update this again?
If you have submitted a valid bank account information, after the warning had appeared, then you do not need to resubmit this information.

In the Settings > Payment, there is a notice, that says:

Quote:
Please review your bank information and update account details if necessary. If details have changed please allow 2-3 business days for updates to take place. If the problem persists, please contact customer support.
So, if you changed your bank account info after that, you're all set.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie H. For This Useful Post:
Raymond Sardella (11-18-2017)

Tags
awaiting payment, not heard, payment, processing