Old 09-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Talking

Reoccuring Payments / Customer Subscriptions

I realize that this has been an ongoing topic for a while over the last 7 years from the searches I've done.

I'd love to see Ecwid integrate a subscription payment method to it's UI. I chatted with WePay because I thought it might be possible on their end and they pointed me towards their answer:

Can I create subscription payments?

Yes, WePay’s API gives you a flexible way to create recurring charges. You can use it for anything from yearly product subscriptions to recurring rent charges. Most subscription charges are created using the /preapproval call.

I know there are work around, I just am really hopeful that it can be integrated some day. I know as a store that sells consumable monthly products that I have to rely on customer retention where if subscriptions were in place I'd probably have it a little easier.

https://store.theperfectnutrition.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeth Owen For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-09-2018), Nathan M. (10-08-2017), Oxyope Technologies (12-21-2017), SpellboundSiberians (10-17-2017), Uptown Fitness (10-03-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:27 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care. My name is Charlie.

Thank you for giving us this information.

The feature indeed has been in demand for a long time, and so far it has not been implemented.

But right now, our team is pondering over this exact idea, and it is possible, that WePay will be the integration to turn to.

I can't give you any ETA so far, but thank you very much for your insightful suggestion.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charlie Square For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-09-2018), Nathan M. (10-08-2017), SpellboundSiberians (10-17-2017), Zeth Owen (09-07-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 02:17 AM

We also would love to see this feature. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan M. For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-09-2018), SpellboundSiberians (10-17-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 05:10 PM

I know Ecwid is probably super busy, but I can't tell you how much selling power a subscription payment system has for almost any business model. Please look into this integration to be implemented. It's my one Christmas wish.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeth Owen For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-09-2018)
Old 12-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth Owen View Post
I know Ecwid is probably super busy, but I can't tell you how much selling power a subscription payment system has for almost any business model. Please look into this integration to be implemented. It's my one Christmas wish.
Hello,

Ecwid Customer Care team is here.

Thank you for messaging us! I'm here to help you.

Basically, there is no such feature like subscription service yet, I'm sorry about it. You will have to perform the steps for each payment. Later we will be offering a native subscription functionality based on Stripe payment gateway. The application is under development in the moment without any exact ETA yet, sorry.

We'll notify you in this forum thread when the subscription feature is launched.

So, I can suggest using Stripe payment gateway that allows to store card details in Stripe and charge your customers later after they have placed an order and used Stripe as the payment method.

To use this feature you need to enable it in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Payment > Credit Card: Stripe > [Account details]. When it's done, you will see the customer profiles in Stripe dashboard for those buyers who paid through Stripe. You will be able to make a recurring charge from their bank card, using the Create Payment link.

More detailed info about it is here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...7807415-Stripe

Also, you can use PayPal subscriptions button: https://www.paypal.com/pdn-recurring, In this case, your Ecwid store will work as a simple products catalog and all recurring billing will be fully processed on the PayPal's side. You will be able to check all your new subscriptions and the payments for existing ones in your PayPal merchant account.

I hope this helps.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
DmitryDavydov (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 03:25 PM

I am not a fan of Stripe - I am waiting eagerly on WePay recurring payments integration, please speed that up, so we can all make more money. Hopefully it will not take years or months.. Can not understand why simple things like that take so long to integrate with Ecwid.. It is always like pulling a tooth to integrate something, that majority of other platforms have had for years.

Thanks!

Last edited by Hidden Router; 01-09-2018 at 03:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hidden Router For This Useful Post:
Zeth Owen (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Router View Post
I am not a fan of Stripe - I am waiting eagerly on WePay recurring payments integration, please speed that up, so we can all make more money. Hopefully it will not take years or months.. Can not understand why simple things like that take so long to integrate with Ecwid.. It is always like pulling a tooth to integrate something, that majority of other platforms have had for years.

Thanks!
I agree, I'm seriously considering Shopify...Ecwid please

I've had at least lost $10,000 because people marketed reoccurring order on the order check out but never followed up with my attempts to set it up due to *whatever* their reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeth Owen For This Useful Post:
Hidden Router (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth Owen View Post
I agree, I'm seriously considering Shopify...Ecwid please

I've had at least lost $10,000 because people marketed reoccurring order on the order check out but never followed up with my attempts to set it up due to *whatever* their reason.
Yeah I got in touch with their custom developers and for setting up recurring payments for 1 product - they will charge $3,000.. This is ridiculous, $3,000 for something widely available on all other platforms.. I understand if it was something specific, that nobody else requested, but for recurring payments - that is just..im speechless.

I am also exploring shopify, if within a month things don't change here - switch time.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:11 PM

And the wait is over (I realized people have been waiting for that feature for quite a few years, so no need to waste my time waiting too) - I am off to shopify. Goodbye Ecwid, it was almost a pleasure!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Router View Post
And the wait is over (I realized people have been waiting for that feature for quite a few years, so no need to waste my time waiting too) - I am off to shopify. Goodbye Ecwid, it was almost a pleasure!
Hello,

This is Wendy from Ecwid team! Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are so sorry to see you go.

I forwarded your feedback regarding WePay recurring payments to our appropriate team for consideration. If they decide on the implementation, we will surely email you and post an update here.

In the meantime, there are the following options for setting up recurring payments in Ecwid store:

1. Use Stripe payment method which supports saving customer's data in the merchant account, so you can charge your customers manually right from your Stripe admin. For more details, please refer to this article https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...dchargeitlater

2. Another option is to perform a custom integration with any payment processor to implement subscriptions feature in your Ecwid store by means of a custom application based on our API (https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation/). Note that this way will require certain programming skills.

Thank you again and good luck with your business!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.