Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 AM

Intergrating AfterPay (Australia) into the ECWID

Just wondering if anyone has been successful in adding the gateway (Afterpay) into their store. It seems to be a very popular payment method as thousands of customers use it, not to mention, other store platforms. I feel as though I could be missing out on sales

I am trying to get this store off the ground and feel as if this could be a great incentive for people to purchase.

Any help would be great as I need all the help I can get..

Thanks
Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martie Smith View Post
Just wondering if anyone has been successful in adding the gateway (Afterpay) into their store. It seems to be a very popular payment method as thousands of customers use it, not to mention, other store platforms. I feel as though I could be missing out on sales

I am trying to get this store off the ground and feel as if this could be a great incentive for people to purchase.

Any help would be great as I need all the help I can get..

Thanks
Hello!

At the moment Ecwid supports different online and offline payment methods and about 40 different payment processors. Please check more detailed information about Ecwid payment options in our comprehensive article on that matter: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ayment-options

Currently there is no built-in integration between Ecwid and Afterpay. Still there are two ways you can add this payment option to your store:

1) If Afterpay supports Authorize.net SIM, you can emulate its work. Please, refer to this article for more details: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ion?b_id=11133

2) A custom payment gateway can be integrated to your Ecwid store with the Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...ment-method

Please, notice that this way of integration requires advanced technical skills. If you need technical assistance, you can hire a developer who can do this for you, or if you'd like, you can fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our Customisation team engineers will be glad to help you develop a solution (if there is any), on a paid basis.

Also, you can choose another payment method in your Ecwid store. Here is a list of all online payment methods working in Ecwid: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...canIuseinEcwid

I hope you'll find a payment gateway that suits the needs of your business.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 PM

Did you ever get this sorted? I am sure there is than one person looking for this payment method. This payment method is becoming VERY popular in Australia.

I am at the point that i really want to add it as i have used as a buyer from other sites and its so user friendly. If ECWID have no plans to integrate it then i think i will be looking to go to another store platform that supports it!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thank you for reaching us out!

I am sorry, at the moment we don't have an integration with AfterPay. Although we have been getting similar requests from other customers as well; hopefully it will be integrated in the future.

As of now, like Daria mentioned above, it is possible to opt for a custom integration with AfterPay, which will be based on our API. The necessary docs can be found here: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

You can either hire a 3d party developer for this task, or count on the services of our customization team. If you consider using their services, please fill in the form here https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our devs will get back to you shortly via email.

Hope it helps. Let us know if any other questions arise.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. It's Kiely I will just change to another platform that does support it. It's a shane as I like EcWID, but this is a deal breaker for me. I can get the functionality straight out of the box so to speak on other similar platforms. The cost of paying to get it connected is not worth it.

Do you have a timeframe to add it, if it were in thisyer, then I would likely hang around. I am sure you have MANY other customers who would love thispsymeng option too.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

We have this integration added to our Roadmap, and we have been monitoring the demand for this integration. However, few people have requested this payment method so far. Thus, to my regret, we don't have a timeframe when this feature is going to be implemented.

We have added your comments to the "Feature Requesters List." The more people want the feature — the higher chance it's going to be released. So thank you very much for contributing.

Also, we'll message you if the Afterpay payment method is implemented.

I hope this reply will shed light on this situation. Either way, if you have any questions — feel free to contact us.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:59 AM

Hi Edward,

We really need afterpay as well but may look at other shopping carts if we can't add this easily. I'm in Australia and have a lot of emails requesting to use Afterpay with our online store. We've been with ECWID for years and really don't want to leave. A time frame when this would happen would be great.

Thanks

Harmony j
Old 10-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey Carter2 View Post
Hi Edward,

We really need afterpay as well but may look at other shopping carts if we can't add this easily. I'm in Australia and have a lot of emails requesting to use Afterpay with our online store. We've been with ECWID for years and really don't want to leave. A time frame when this would happen would be great.

Thanks

Harmony j
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

As Edward mentioned it previously, there is no exact timeframe on when Afterpay will be integrated with Ecwid. I've added you to the list of users waiting for this integration. When there is an update, we'll let you know.

To get AfterPay in your store right now, consider developing a custom integration. Please, see how that can be done in the post above: https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=159115#2

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:53 PM

Afterpay have advised a custom integration is not possible. Unless ECWID works with afterpay to integrate directly, the only option is to look at another store type.

I am currently tossing up between Shopify and woo commerce. Shopify is easier for me to setup, but woo comer e is probably the best option long term I think.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

This is Ecwid customer care. Thank you for the insight.

This is true — AfterPay does not allow using their API for a single customer integration after all. The only way they would cooperate is, if we built a full-on integration for all Ecwid merchants.

We do have plans on integrating this payment gateway. However, there is no ETA for this integration.

I will definitely pass this feedback to our product team, and it will be added to the roadmap ticket.

Also, please, observe our list of supported gateways: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...portedgateways

Thank you.