Old 03-02-2017, 02:22 AM

404 ? disappearing products, sitemaps -not working correctly

So if you start on my front page - you can click through to a product page. Once you are on the product page and you click refresh- you get the oops that page cant be found. Also if you take the url and copy paste it in a new tab -you get the same error. Most of the links in my sitemap also points to the oops page. I have the newest wordpress, with the newest akismet , the newest yoast, and the newest ecwid installed and that is it. I tried deactivating the other 2 plug ins and the problem remained with just ecwid installed. I need the idiots guide to fixing this issue please, thank you
Old 03-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladystrange View Post
So if you start on my front page - you can click through to a product page. Once you are on the product page and you click refresh- you get the oops that page cant be found. Also if you take the url and copy paste it in a new tab -you get the same error. Most of the links in my sitemap also points to the oops page. I have the newest wordpress, with the newest akismet , the newest yoast, and the newest ecwid installed and that is it. I tried deactivating the other 2 plug ins and the problem remained with just ecwid installed. I need the idiots guide to fixing this issue please, thank you
Hello,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Thank you very much for contacting us on this matter!

I'm sorry you faced this problem with your Ecwid store. Please, no worries, we are here and ready to help you!

We are aware of the problem already. It was reported to the development team and they're currently looking into it. I'll keep you posted and get back to you once there's any news on the matter.

In the meantime, to make direct links work, I suggest you disable the "SEO friendly clean URLs" feature we added to our WordPress plugin recently. Here's how:
  • Go to your WordPress admin → Ecwid store → Advanced.
  • Uncheck the "SEO friendly clean URLs" option.
  • Save the changes — there's a button at the bottom.

That's it. Once you do this, everything should go back to normal.

Hope this was helpful! Please, do let me know if there are any further questions.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladystrange View Post
Hello,

I have an update for you on this issue. Thank you for your patience.

We have fixed the issue with SEO URLs for stores added to the home page of Wordpress sites. So you can update your Ecwid plugin to the latest version (5.0.5) and enable SEO URLs now.

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:47 PM

Hi, I have the latest version of Ecwid and I'm having this exact same problem. I went to WordPress admin → Ecwid store → and I have simply failed to find any "advanced" link anywhere. Any help on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Paula,

I'm very sorry for the issue. If I concluded correctly, category and product pages in your Wordpress website go to 404 when refreshed. Please try out the solution I've offered you by email: open the Settings > Permalinks page in your Wordpress back-end. This simple action may help.

As regards the "Advanced" section where you can disable SEO friendly URLs, you should see the link to it below "Ecwid" in the left-side navigation in Wordpress back-end after you click on it. Please see the screenshot: http://take.ms/6522L

If the issue persists, please provide us with the access info for your Wordpress site so that we can investigate it further. Thank you!

Tags