The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:54 PM

Spam Ecwid email?

I just received an email from "Ecwid Team" referring to me as "User", exclaiming that my plan has expired (it hasn't) & I must renew my plan right away. I'm pretty sure this is spam, thought you should be aware.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Your plan is expired.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	543.5 KB
ID:	3711  
Old 05-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather mccoy View Post
I just received an email from "Ecwid Team" referring to me as "User", exclaiming that my plan has expired (it hasn't) & I must renew my plan right away. I'm pretty sure this is spam, thought you should be aware.
Hello,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thank you for your message here on forums.

Indeed, we've been notified that some of our customers received an email with the subject line “Your plan is expired”, claiming that their Ecwid store will be closed. This is a phishing email that was NOT authorized or sent by Ecwid. Your Ecwid account is secure. Ecwid takes security very seriously and protects your data with PCI DSS validated Level 1 and secure HTTPS protocols. This high level of security is the gold standard and is used by some of the largest banks. Here's the full scoop about Ecwid's security measures: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...urity-in-Ecwid

It appears that a very small group of people received this email. If you receive the phishing message please delete it and DO NOT click any links. You do not need to take further action to protect your Ecwid account. If you received the message and clicked on a link, reset your Ecwid password immediately.

I hope this helps. Please, do let us know if you have further questions. We're here to help!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
Isekai Nonsense (11-03-2017), smartMart (05-13-2017)
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.