Old 03-24-2018, 04:01 AM

Adding a 2nd shipping location- customer need to choose based on geography

I have a chance to expand and offer shipping from west and east coast. When I order from one of my suppliers, I can choose from 4 locations. This is what I need at checkout. A customer in NY needs to see "east coast" vs. my current CA location. My customers on the east coast will pay less than half with this option.

Is this a "new app" that is needed? Basically, at checkout, customer chooses shipping based on location.

Thanks,
Rob
TowelPros
Old 04-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Regan View Post
I have a chance to expand and offer shipping from west and east coast. When I order from one of my suppliers, I can choose from 4 locations. This is what I need at checkout. A customer in NY needs to see "east coast" vs. my current CA location. My customers on the east coast will pay less than half with this option.

Is this a "new app" that is needed? Basically, at checkout, customer chooses shipping based on location.

Thanks,
Rob
TowelPros
Hi Rob!

This is Kenga from Ecwid team. Thanks a lot for contacting us.

You can calculate shipping cost from several office/warehouse addresses with the help of the ShipperHQ service — https://www.shipperhq.com/. Recently, our developers created the integration with this service, you can connect your Ecwid account and you ShipperHQ account with the help of the ShipperHQ app from our App Market.

Please, check our instruction: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...1169-ShipperHQ

If you have several warehouses, you can enter the address of each of them. Also, you can specify there a warehouse address in case of a dropshipping. This instruction describes in detail how to accomplish this step: Origin Configuration.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to get in touch with us again, in case further support is needed.

Ecwid team
Old 04-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Thank you! Initially, Ecwid support said I would need two stores with separate addresses.

To clarify, if I upgrade to "Business" and install this app: The customer will have a choice of the location from which to ship, or when they enter their address, the app will choose the nearest location for shipping?

Thanks, Rob
Old 04-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Rob,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thanks for contacting us!

Quote:
The customer will have a choice of the location from which to ship, or when they enter their address, the app will choose the nearest location for shipping?
If you are going to use ShipperHQ, it will determine the closest location to your customers.

There are several ways you can configure how origin is determined for each item if you've got various origins. For each item, ShipperHQ determines the best origin based on 3 criteria:

– The products can be set to use all origins;
– The origin(s) selected for the item;
– The zone restrictions for the origin.

If origins remain after applying these 3 criteria, then the closest origin to the destination will be used.

See also: ShipperHQ — Origins

If your item will have different origins assigned, then you can do the following:

– Add multiple origins in your ShipperHQ account similar to the screenshot below:

– Then, in Ecwid in the product attribute SHIPPERHQ_WAREHOUSE add the origins set in your ShipperHQ account, and separate them with #. Please check the screenshot below:

See also: ShipperHQ — How to assign different products to different origins

Hope it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to contact us again.