Old 02-21-2017, 05:17 PM

Cool

Graphic Designer Rebecca Lea

A new beginning in 2017:

My Ecwid cart is embedded inside of my personal domain http://www.graphicdesignerrebeccalea.com

Sections of the cart are also embedded in other personal domains:
http://www.delightfullyeclectic.com
http://www.kissmyconfusion.com
http://www.littlemousevisionquest.com

Now; off to pull all of those connections together and make adjustments.

Everyone have a great day!

I am working on that myself ... doing the best I can.

This post is to inspire other artists and writers; food for thought.

Rebecca Lea

Note to the Ecwid team: Thank you! I have always liked this cart. Great journey I have had over the years.
The Following User Says Thank You to rebecca lea For This Useful Post:
Charlie H. (02-22-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 PM

So, in response to Pinterest needs:

My main Me, Rebecca Lea
My Ecwid hosted by me is Graphic Designer Rebecca Lea

Now if you viewed the first link - there you find all the social media sites I run.

So, the topic is Pinterest.
My Pin board is: gdrebeccalea

I have two boards that are just for what I need for online selling.

Look at what I tell people about each of those two boards.
I can utilize the pin function from here and other places.
These rich pins that are being talked about in here do not happen at any of the selling venues I am using.
So, I know that if I change the price or even the location; I have to go into my board and delete the item and put up the new information pin.

Now this is working for me because I just have one of a kind items.
Play with it and see if it works for those of you that have multiples.
Remember ... this is advertising at play.
Not the selling venue.
The click is getting the viewer to the selling venue.

I offer this as inspiration ...

Rebecca Lea
Edward M. (02-24-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 05:09 PM

Hey team,
I have read enough tech stuff this morning and really need to move my day along so, going to use my store section here to ask about Twitter.

First, my ecwid shopping cart is embedded within a personal domain name.

To use the Twitter share button, which I have active ... the image is too big in size.

The info I read; tells me those Twitter images are 120 x 120.

So, do I have to create the Twitter card?
And if so, then if I place it in the "head" section of my site; does the Ecwid share button pick that up when sharing to Twitter?

Or is the quicker way around the issue is to resize photos to 400 x 400. I read that this is the size that will resize to fit the twitter share.

Not going to proceed with that info until someone here gives some advice on how to proceed.

The info read does not jive with the hen pecking I tried and was successful with on eBay stock.
That was 500 x 500 that must have resized to the 200 x 200 but the 500 x 500 images uploaded here are not resizing into the proper thumb.

I do hope this was clear in the wording.

Rebecca Lea
Art Gallery and The Mercantile
Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca lea View Post
Hey team,
I have read enough tech stuff this morning and really need to move my day along so, going to use my store section here to ask about Twitter.

First, my ecwid shopping cart is embedded within a personal domain name.

To use the Twitter share button, which I have active ... the image is too big in size.

The info I read; tells me those Twitter images are 120 x 120.

So, do I have to create the Twitter card?
And if so, then if I place it in the "head" section of my site; does the Ecwid share button pick that up when sharing to Twitter?

Or is the quicker way around the issue is to resize photos to 400 x 400. I read that this is the size that will resize to fit the twitter share.

Not going to proceed with that info until someone here gives some advice on how to proceed.

The info read does not jive with the hen pecking I tried and was successful with on eBay stock.
That was 500 x 500 that must have resized to the 200 x 200 but the 500 x 500 images uploaded here are not resizing into the proper thumb.

I do hope this was clear in the wording.

Rebecca Lea
Art Gallery and The Mercantile
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your post!

I assume you mean that images get cropped on top and bottom when a product is shared to Twitter.

This happens due to the aspect ratio of twitter cards which is approximately 18:9. At least when I share test products, I alsways get pretty miuch the same result with images of 200x200px, 500x500px, 1000x1000px etc:

A square image of either 500x500px or 400x400px gets cropped no matter what size in pixels in has because of the aspect ratio of the image in the card.

Upon checking the Twitter Cards API docs I was unable to find the ability of changing the aspect ratio of a Summary Card with Large image we have: https://dev.twitter.com/cards/types/summary-large-image

This given, it does not really seem to be possible to avoid that cropping unless the image matches the aspect ratio of images in twitter cards.

Perhaps you could share some more info on what you found about changing their aspect ratio adding the ability of uploading square images without cropping them?

Look forward to hearing from you.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to river For This Useful Post:
rebecca lea (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 02:34 AM

Hi River,

This is my thought - if I can just play around with the image (considering too, what you had to offer) then I would just make the 1st image in the cart be the image. At least something I think is visually acceptable. Not every crop is a problem.

Sharing back to you;

This is Twitter's tech page https://dev.twitter.com/cards/getting-started

The discussion is about creating twitter cards - placing within the head of one's web page (I have that ) but the rest ... well just sort of lost for the moment.

So sharing back to you, since you were so nice to even ask.

Rebecca Lea
Old 06-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Default Brief Good Morning Hello

Dear Team, good morning and thank you. I appreciate having all the archives. I know that questions I have asked and answers I have received are in here waiting for me to pursue. Now if I can get though even one week with no weather issues. Tornado, river flooded still but through it all ... I have websites, this shopping cart, social media and connected to the WWW. Looking like a very good day!

The last newsletter blog I received was spot on; IMO. I will be fine tuning the storytelling on each of my items. My shop fits that conversation expressed in the newsletter. Wish I could remember her name but thanks to the writer, too.

Graphic Designer Rebecca Lea
Charlie H. (06-13-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 04:27 AM

Hi Team,

I am considering returning to just gdrl.ecwid.com

When I test from the settings page it shows with the SSL lock.

As I move into a page with a product the lock disappears.

Now if I deconstruct a lot of web sites with embedded categories and return back to Just the starter site; Will that Ecwid SSL lock show from page to page / product to product?

I am referring to linking directly to my Ecwid cart instead of this. It is all about the SSLs showing on the page due to all this Google Chrom stuff.

I am looking for more examples after I post this but, appreciate a direct answer.
Thank you in advance,

Rebecca Lea

Hey, I am back before I sign out.
I think I see it My embedded cart has search bars, pages, categories, etc.

Do I need to minimize back down to all products on one page?
No category bars. No Search.
I arrange how I want things to be seen by drag and dropping in the main panel of products?

That is what keeps the lock in place; right?

Nite, bbl

Last edited by Daria Sh.; 11-10-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca lea View Post
Hi Team,

I am considering returning to just gdrl.ecwid.com

When I test from the settings page it shows with the SSL lock.

As I move into a page with a product the lock disappears.

Now if I deconstruct a lot of web sites with embedded categories and return back to Just the starter site; Will that Ecwid SSL lock show from page to page / product to product?

I am referring to linking directly to my Ecwid cart instead of this. It is all about the SSLs showing on the page due to all this Google Chrom stuff.

I am looking for more examples after I post this but, appreciate a direct answer.
Thank you in advance,

Rebecca Lea

Hey, I am back before I sign out.
I think I see it My embedded cart has search bars, pages, categories, etc.

Do I need to minimize back down to all products on one page?
No category bars. No Search.
I arrange how I want things to be seen by drag and dropping in the main panel of products?

Nite, bbl
Hi Rebecca,

It's Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Ecwid Starter Sites run via the secure HTTPS connection. Yet if you add elements which load via HTTP, you can see the warning that the store is not secure.

I've checked your Starter site and see a warning on this page: https://gdrl.ecwid.com/#!/Coffee-Tab...=0&sort=normal I've inspected the page and see that the reason for the warning is in your CSS Theme. It contains the following code:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-productTopFragment img {
    background: transparent url(http://kb.ecwid.com/f/shadow-1000x1000.gif) no-repeat scroll right bottom;
    padding: 5px 10px 10px 5px;
}

.ecwid-productBrowser-details-thumbnail img {
    background: transparent url(http://kb.ecwid.com/f/shadow-1000x1000.gif) no-repeat scroll right bottom;
    padding: 15px 20px 20px 15px;
}
The links in this code are run via HTTP. You can see this code in Ecwid control panel > Settings > Design > click 'Edit theme' button. Delete this code and save the changes.

By the way, if you are going to use your Starter site, I'd recommend that you enable the new look for it: go to Settings > What's new > enable New & improved Starter Site: build & customize your store. You will be able to add more company info to your store and get a cleaner design. See how to edit the new Starter site here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...dmystartersite

You are also welcome to enable other new features in the 'What's new' section.

Quote:
To keep the secure lock, make sure that there are no other elements in your store which run via HTTP.

Here is more about how to show that your store is secure: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207807609

Let me know if you have any questions left. Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daria Sh. For This Useful Post:
rebecca lea (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:07 PM

Daria, Thank you.
I am going to go on maintenance mode and think.
Took out that code. Read the What's New.
Looked at the Starter Site design ... (new for old timer me)
I'm sure I will return with more questions.
Have a great day.

Rebecca Lea
Old 11-10-2017, 05:29 PM

Coffee and cheesecake - and a lot of code changes.

Deconstruction - a fashionable thing to do and I answered my own question which, my new link to the cart is https://gdrl.ecwid.com Shows the lock - Says in Maintenance mode. GREAT! Just as I hoped. Off to code and decode many personal websites. TY

Tags
delightfully_eclectic, gdrl, kissmyconfusion, kmc