The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 10:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike

Product Review System

Eugene,

Can we expect Ecwid to have a homegrown built in Rating System for products instead of using third party systems? This would be amazing.

It could be directly integrated with the products and display a star rating next to the products in the product browser view modes in Ecwid.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

I second the notion!!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Eugene,

Can we expect Ecwid to have a homegrown built in Rating System for products instead of using third party systems? This would be amazing.

It could be directly integrated with the products and display a star rating next to the products in the product browser view modes in Ecwid.

We're planning to add more social features to Ecwid in 2011. What will be added:

- Like button and most likely the "Tweet" button
- product reviews/comments

However I am not sure about the rating system. I've seen many stores with such systems and most of them don't have any rates at all. People leave comments, "Like" products, but do they rate products nowadays? Well, it works for Amazon and Zappos, but what if you have much less visitors?

Check the Levis store: http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?..._sale_M_123010

The "Like" button acts like a rating system there. It clearly shows what products are most popular. And the important thing is that these buttons bring more visitors to your store and also are trustworthy, because they're clicked by real people.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C

To me, the reviews are more important than the ratings. Having a customer be able to easily enter his name, location and a product review would be great. The ability to add them in the backend to individual products would be nice too. And of course the ability to edit reviews that are entered is a major plus!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Can't wait!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 AM

how is this coming along?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Couture View Post
how is this coming along?
The reviews and recommendations will definitely appear in one of future versions of Ecwid, moreover, we plan to make them more social.

We will announce the release of the version where reviews and recommendations are available via our usual update channels: our blog, twitter feed and Facebook page. Stay tuned!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM

Wink Eugene Thanks for the Reply

I posted this in another forum but I think it is more appropriate here... What do you think???

Hi everyone, wanted to share some good news with you guys... especially Joomla users...

This is the website for reviews for joomla... http://docs.reviewsforjoomla.com/Set...ok_integration

Now this thread states Facebook comments for products as to make a place where people could comment about a specific product and have it run like a review system for each product item.

However, this is a much much better idea as it address's all issues including getting a viral effect added to your reviewers Facebook account which distributes it to their news feed on a positive reviews..!!! awesome right?

Ok JReviews is a component / extension that has probably the most robust review system that rivals Amazon / IGN / and other popular websites that have rating / review systems in place. As well, this covers both ratings and reviews.

***Couple things to note: 1. This is a solution for ratings and reviews (w/ FB integration) for Joomla. 2. This assumes that each product / item's description can have an insertion of code that links directly to a JReview product article inside of joomla. 3. Along with the AddThis Share This solution that changes the "page URL" for each item so that the inserted review can properlly be attributed to the correct product ID...

**********************-HERE IS THE POST I CREATED ON JREVIEW-******

First I want to say that I have read article after article and I have watched all of your trianing videos... I say this simply because I care and I want you guys to succeed...

The documentation or idea that this can be used for Ecommerce in Product reviews is severly lacking.

There is a virtumart plugin but it seems to be apart of a plugin for Jreviews and not full functioning. So with that said... This seems like the most easiest and simpliest solution to the entire problem that should result in much easier access of Shopping Carts / Ecommerce components to interact with JReviews.

I don't need to interact directly with my shopping cart in order to have a review page. However, I do need a way for joomla to interact with my products / items in order for me to be able to have a page setup for each individual item...

For example, if I want a video to be apart of my product's page I could do that with a module that has a youtube video set into it... OR I could simply paste the youtube video right into my products description.

Now, simply going with Ecwid and Rockettheme they have a RokEcwid extension that allows all of the styling of Ecwid to be apart of the Rocketheme design....

I have noticed that this allows even the coloring and Div styles to take place right inside of the description even though they are apart of the rocketheme styling and not anything to do with Ecwid.

what my thought is, and I am asking if this is possible, if we can take code of JREVIEW being from a menued item review and place it in the Ecwid description.

The way this would be done is there are Joomla extensions that allow for modules to be placed inside of an article... even your other articles inside of articles...

If this were possible... I could simply have the review page article or module set right inside of the products description giving full review capabilities for each item I have...

would this be a possibility?

Secondly, lets say that this idea would work... The idea of having to put every review id article or module into every item for your store in the way I am proposing would be a bit difficult. The process would be something as the following: < h r > {Review article 1234} < h r >

<<< If that is all it would take it seems like no big deal. However, I was wondering if then Ecwid could make a similar joomla extension that uses the article inside of an article feature and make a template format for exactly just that in CSS styling to give it a nice formated look per the format of Ecwid's cart... would that work or is it not needed?

If I am being confusing please ask but I am assuming this feature can be followed via virtumart.

The reason why I know about the module program is because I have a module that uses an article inside of the module via code in my text editor and thus allows some needed functionality that wouldn't be there otherwise... so I know it works.

Let me know as I am very interested in the product.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 PM

Default I do not like the facebook idea

I may be one of the few people that say this. I do not like putting all my eggs in one basket with these social networks.

I want reviews in my content under my control, giving me search engine rankings not boosting facebooks ranks.

Not everyone has a facebook account or wants to bother with creating an account there just figure out how to leave a comment to your product. By the time they create a facebook account- they'll forget they were trying to comment on your product in the first place.

For that matter a large percentage of my customers want to use Money Orders, still, I wish option was also integrated.

Just putting in my 2 cents
Please do not waste time with facebook reviews it just seems cheap and cheesy and like we are giving away content. People are getting away from like buttons also for fear of being spammed
Old 05-05-2011, 11:53 PM

Also Please consider using a hreview format
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.