The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:33 PM

Impossible to modify store in Wordpress (Rather urgent...)

Don't understand this one...
Now the page where my shop is works fine, but if I try to alter it in any way, i.e. if I try to edit the page using wordpress and then save it, I get the following error:
Quote:
Fetching of original content failed with the following error: Proxy Publisher Failure - CONNECTION ERROR. If you own this domain, please consult this FAQ.
I checked the FAQ and I first thought it was my provider, but I don't think that is the case as the only affected page is the one containing the shop.

If I take away the code
Code:
<div>
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"DownloadError.content.limit":"     Il\: {filename} è stato già scaricato.",
"EgoodsComponent.after_downloads":"&nbsp;per <span>{downloads} download</span>",
"Messages.paid":"Pagato",
"EgoodsComponent.expires":"Valido",
"OrderConfirmation.we_recommend":"Se vuoi, <span id\='printLink'></span>&nbsp;",
"PaymentDetails.enter_email":"Inserisci la tua email",
"PlaceOrder.review_below":"Controlla le informazioni seguenti, quindi fai clic su \"invia l'ordine\"",
"SharePurchase.i_just_bought":"Ho appena acquistato \"La questione cibo\" in",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Aggiungi al carrello"
}
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//app.ecwid.com/script.js?4486221" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
 xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=table(3)","categoryView=table","searchView=table","style=","responsive=yes"); 
</script>
<noscript>Il tuo browser non supporta JavaScript, per cui <a href="https://app.ecwid.com/jsp/4486221/catalog">clicca qui per una versione HTML di questa pagina.</a></noscript>
</div>
then I can preview it, save it, whatever... (and also the widgets in the side bar are still there.

I have not changed anything... Where could the problem be? Have you got any idea?

I could not find this error in the forum, so I really don't know... Is it my provider? Is it yourselves?

UPDATE:

The problem seems to be with
<script></script>
Whenever I have that, even with nothing inside it, I get the above error. <noscript> doesn't produce the same error.

This seems to point to the provider...
Any ideas?

Last edited by Arka; 10-31-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Don't understand this one...
Now the page where my shop is works fine, but if I try to alter it in any way, i.e. if I try to edit the page using wordpress and then save it, I get the following error:

I checked the FAQ and I first thought it was my provider, but I don't think that is the case as the only affected page is the one containing the shop.

If I take away the code
then I can preview it, save it, whatever... (and also the widgets in the side bar are still there.

I have not changed anything... Where could the problem be? Have you got any idea?

I could not find this error in the forum, so I really don't know... Is it my provider? Is it yourselves?

UPDATE:

The problem seems to be with
<script></script>
Whenever I have that, even with nothing inside it, I get the above error. <noscript> doesn't produce the same error.

This seems to point to the provider...
Any ideas?
Hello!

Sorry for taking so terribly long to reply.

I’ve looked through the possible sources of such error message, and it looks like in this case it’s not an Ecwid or provider issue: messages with such wording are usually generated by Google Pagespeed service. And it looks like you are using a PageSpeed plugin for WordPress on your website, so I have to assume that it’s it that generates those error messages.

About the solution:

For example, it was discussed here, and it looks like in their case they solved the problem:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ss/uU5d7ReBXgs
Old 11-20-2014, 05:05 PM

Hi Stephan,

I forgot to update this pest.

In the end the error went of its own volition, or at least I did nothing...

I SUSPECT there was some incompatibility between my hosting and Google Page service.
Google told me to try this:

Quote:
To implement X-forwarded-for on your domain we suggest you some steps to follow as below:

1.You need to edit the wp-config.php file located in the root of your site. At the top of the file (? And after the <php), add this code snippet:

// ** Wordpress x-forwarded-for ip fix ** //
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {
$xffaddrs = explode(',',$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']);
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $xffaddrs[0];
}

2. Now, disable the rewriters as per the first screenshot attached.

3. Then, flush caches as per the second screenshot and then turn rewriter again.

It will take 24 to 48 hours to propagate successfully.

http://www.seeyar.fr/pss-proxy-publisher-failure/ - for screenshots
I leave it here in case it helps someone else with the same problem as me.
However I have to say that the problem went BEFORE I implemented that.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.