The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:52 AM

Ecwid store layout

When I add my store to my wix site manually it looks fine on browsers such as Firefox, but if you go to the same page in explorer there is grey bars that pop up on every widget,
im no internet tech so this is highly frustrating and its near impossible for me to work out how to fix it!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Default Ecwid store layout

i dont know much about html..
i finally got the store onto my website, except now i cant get it to layout the way i want.
my vertical menu search bar and bag all just pile up ontop of eachother,
how do i change the placement of each widget??
i also had to get rid of the CSS i made with an online theme creator because it seemed to mess with the menu tabs (they wouldnt open up sub catagories)

http://www.brisbanepopculture.com/#!online/c1ktg

need help!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 AM

im having a different problem,
i have my vertical menu but my sub categories dont show when i click on the root category
how do i make my subs show??
Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 AM

my vertical categories are now next to my product browser.
but i want them on the right side, not the left, how do i move them to the right side??
also my categories moves all over the place when i click on links, is there any way to fix them to the top right under the mini cart??? so they dont move around

website link were the store font is
Old 12-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma-leigh Undead2 View Post
my vertical categories are now next to my product browser.
but i want them on the right side, not the left, how do i move them to the right side??
also my categories moves all over the place when i click on links, is there any way to fix them to the top right under the mini cart??? so they dont move around

website link were the store font is
Hello,

In order to fix the problems with your store layout you should do the following:
1. Go to Ecwid control panel -> System Settings -> Design page and add below CSS code in the end of your custom theme:
Code:
#VCategories-1 {
    width: 230px;    
}
#ProductBrowser-1 {
    width: 700px;    
}
div.ecwid-categoriesMenuBar span.ecwid-categories-category {
font-size: 15px;
}
div.ecwid-categories-vertical td.gwt-MenuItem {
    padding: 0 10px 0 30px;
}   
div.ecwid-categories-MenuBarPopup { 
    display: none;
}
2. Open source code of the page, where Ecwid store is installed and the code that I marked green there:
Code:
<table>
<tr>
<td style="vertical-align: top;"><div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?4069073" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=4","views=grid(4,4) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list","style="); </script>
<noscript>Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please proceed to <a href="https://app.ecwid.com/jsp/4069073/catalog">HTML version of this store</a></noscript>
</div></td>
<td style="vertical-align: top;padding-top: 140px;"><div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?4069073" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xVCategories("style="); </script>
</div></td>
</tr>
</table>
Once you do this, your store will be shown properly.

Please, try and let me know about results.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-25-2013, 04:11 AM

tried this, it didn't really help, I already managed to work out a few issues, I have left posts on other threads trying to work some things out though

the vertical categories are on the right side now but, the pop up subs go the wrong way now, see when you hover over "Disney" the sub categories go to the right.. when they actually need to go to the left now, how do I change that?

also when I click on things my categories move all over the place with the product browser , is there anyway to secure the position of the categories so put them under the mini cart and not move ??
Old 12-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma-leigh Undead2 View Post
tried this, it didn't really help, I already managed to work out a few issues, I have left posts on other threads trying to work some things out though

the vertical categories are on the right side now but, the pop up subs go the wrong way now, see when you hover over "Disney" the sub categories go to the right.. when they actually need to go to the left now, how do I change that?

also when I click on things my categories move all over the place with the product browser , is there anyway to secure the position of the categories so put them under the mini cart and not move ??
Hello,

I have checked your store and found out that none of changed described in my post here were applied to your store.

Once you add these changes, your categories list will be always shown on the right side under minicart.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to changed 3rd level menu behaviour and make it pop up to the left side. Therefore, I suggest you to hide it at all. The required CSS code, you was added into original message already.

Please, try and let me know about results.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:05 PM

I tried the changes but they didn't work, the categories still moved around with the browser
and now that I know I cant change the 3rd level categories I had to move the menu back to the left side because we need those categories for easy browsing so now that's changed everything again!
now that the categories are back on the left side, is there anyway to lock them to the top of the page so they don't keep moving around? if I could get the categories to stay in one spot I would be happy with everything
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM

I also discovered that my sub categories weren't showing before just because it was set at 0px so it was just a muck up in the css
Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 PM

I just tried
the number "2 Open source code of the page, where Ecwid store is installed and the code that I marked green there:"

and it now worked!!! I think it appeared as though it wasn't working before because the mini cart was over lapping it when it was on the right side

thank you!!!

my only problem now is that when I click on the 'moves and tv" tab the categories get way to wide and push the products off the page, ive tried changing the width, it helped a little bit , im guessing its because titles such as "the nightmare before Christmas" are so long?
is there anyway I can maybe change the layout of those buttons? such as

The Nightmare
Before Christmas

a double row to make them shorter in the categories?

I also still have the case of the grey scroll bar, I know its an explorer issue but I have been browsing the forums and it seems some people have been able to get rid of it?

is there really no way I can remove it?
if that scroll bar isnt there everything fits perfectly

Last edited by Maya; 12-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.